• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are the British such Mugs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the British such Mugs

It seems to me that the British are the biggest mugs on the planet, every where you turn we pay the most and just blindly accept everything at face value.

Raising the retirement age to 75 won'''t fix the UK'''s pension problem | WIRED UK

We have the worst state pension in the developed world

Highest energy costs in the developed world

Highest travel costs, yep you've guessed it in the world

Our services are being completely eroded, public service contracts are given to companies without tender, HS2 triple the cost for half the distance again mates of government.

IR35 again blatant attempt to help big 5 consultancies

I've never really notices this before as personally I have a spine, but so many British don't. I even have friends of mine who email me to guide them when they get ripped off because they can't do it themselves.

And usual response you get is, if you don't like it go to another country.

Because they have been tricked into thinking the UK is a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
      It seems to me that the British are the biggest mugs on the planet, every where you turn we pay the most and just blindly accept everything at face value.

Raising the retirement age to 75 won'''t fix the UK'''s pension problem | WIRED UK

Our services are being completely eroded, public service contracts are given to companies without tender, HS2 triple the cost for half the distance again mates of government.

I've never really notices this before as personally I have a spine, but so many British don't. I even have friends of mine who email me to guide them when they get ripped off because they can't do it themselves.

The UK doesn't have the highest energy costs in the developed world.

Other than that...

...FOG

Comment

No we don't.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The UK doesn't have the highest energy costs in the developed world.

Other than that...

...FOG
          much as this hurts.

...FOG

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

much as this hurts.

...FOG
            FOOG
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              FOOG
              #pray4alm

Comment

Only 52% are mugs
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What do you propose we do about it? A revolution?

Sometimes, it is easier and more beneficial to go to another country where things overall are better.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    What do you propose we do about it? A revolution?

Sometimes, it is easier and more beneficial to go to another country where things overall are better.
                    If you are a sockie how to you go to another country?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X