• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apparently my passport expired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently my passport expired

Only found out as my IFA told me the photo ID they hold needs updating, it's not exactly been well used in 2020. I should get 10% off...

Anyway the important question is: if I renew now will I get a blue one?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Yes..

Iconic blue passports return next month - GOV.UK.

/thread.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

However you're going to have to wait months for it due to no one at work at the Passport Office...by then it might have reverted to being red again
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why not use your German passport?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I need to time my passport renewal. I have one with the extra 6 months on it that they used to give. These are no longer welcome so I have to plan towards a February renewal, not a November one.

Funny that the IFA won't accept an expired passport as ID. You're still the same person! I've never understood why there is an onus on an arbitrary date to determine that on Monday you were Joe Bloggs but your ID expired on Wednesday so it's now impossible to prove you are who you say you are.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I need to time my passport renewal. I have one with the extra 6 months on it that they used to give. These are no longer welcome so I have to plan towards a February renewal, not a November one.

Funny that the IFA won't accept an expired passport as ID. You're still the same person! I've never understood why there is an onus on an arbitrary date to determine that on Monday you were Joe Bloggs but your ID expired on Wednesday so it's now impossible to prove you are who you say you are.
            Once you consider that nobody is going to accept a 40 year old passport,then there must be an arbitrary cut off date somewhere. Expiry date is probably the least arbitrary date.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Once you consider that nobody is going to accept a 40 year old passport,then there must be an arbitrary cut off date somewhere. Expiry date is probably the least arbitrary date.
              Yes it also allows updates to the security features and systems.

You could theoretically have a 80 year old travelling on a passport created in 1960, did they even have a digital passport records/system at that time? Would they even have been able to verify that the passport number represented a real person?

Who knows in 20 years we may have dna on file and get it checked alongside our passport or who knows what else will be changed. Hard to overhaul any id system when you don't have people regularly updating their ids, have to be able to handle a potentially 100 year window of different passport types with different features/capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                However you're going to have to wait months for it due to no one at work at the Passport Office...by then it might have reverted to being red again
                Nah, my wife had hers back within a week. and yes, it was blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                  Yes it also allows updates to the security features and systems.

You could theoretically have a 80 year old travelling on a passport created in 1960, did they even have a digital passport records/system at that time? Would they even have been able to verify that the passport number represented a real person?

Who knows in 20 years we may have dna on file and get it checked alongside our passport or who knows what else will be changed. Hard to overhaul any id system when you don't have people regularly updating their ids, have to be able to handle a potentially 100 year window of different passport types with different features/capabilities.
                  Yeah, ok. You both know that no-one is talking about digging out the docs issued when you were a baby and travelled on you parent's passport.

Expiry within a year should still be acceptable for a basic "are you who you say you are check" with agents and finanical institutions.

I don't think that a typical ID&V check should be pulling all the biometric data off it. If you think an IFA has a right to your DNA in some futuristic world, yay you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Yeah, ok. You both know that no-one is talking about digging out the docs issued when you were a baby and travelled on you parent's passport.

Expiry within a year should still be acceptable for a basic "are you who you say you are check" with agents and finanical institutions.

I don't think that a typical ID&V check should be pulling all the biometric data off it. If you think an IFA has a right to your DNA in some futuristic world, yay you.
                    Seems the responsibility should be on the passport holder if passports expire after XX number of years?

What's so special about 1 year in your scenario, why 1 year, why not 2 years?

Comment

Working...
                    X