• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic Sanctions against the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    PS Why is this thread not in the boring Brexit forum?
    Brexit happened already. This is the future trade agreement thread
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Well yeh, but don't forget the only other option at the time was that lunatic Hugo Chavez admirer Corbyn. A dead spider would have been a better option than that. Doubt EU issue was the main driver of the Tory vote.

Not as though Germy Carbuncle was a huge EU fan anyway.
      There were other options on the paper but you actively decided that these Tories were your favoured option.. If you voted Tory then this is what you deserve. Suck it up ... you won

Comment

Other options? Sure, but not any that had any chance of winning the election. It was either Carbuncle or Blow Job in reality.

If they'd had any chance, I would have voted for The Monster Raving Loony Party .
        Last edited by xoggoth; 11 September 2020, 21:49.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Other options? Sure, but not any that had any chance of winning the election. It was either Carbuncle or Blow Job in reality.

If they'd had any chance, I would have voted for The Monster Raving Loony Party .
          The other options on the paper had no chance because too many people think like you; they assume all GEs are between the Red and Blue corner only. By only voting one of those ways you are part of the problem.

Next time, why not vote for who you want to win? Then, you have the right to complain if BoJo or similar idiot gets in as you didn't vote them in. Until then I'm afraid that you have to suck it up as this is who you voted for. Enjoy your Tory government

Comment

Go Japan!

As this is a future trade agreement thread, I want to be perfectly clear that if the EU blocks our food exports to them, as Barnier has suggested today, we are good. Tea, biscuits, jam & Melton Pork pies will be bought by our supportive Japanese friends.
            Last edited by clearedforlanding; 12 September 2020, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              As this is a future trade agreement thread, I want to be perfectly clear that if the EU blocks our food exports to them, as Barnier has suggested today, we are good. Tea, biscuits, jam & Melton Pork pies will be bought by our supportive Japanese friends.
              The UK needs to import flour to make the biscuits. Many "British" tea manufactures now operate in Ireland. A local tea manufacture that sell premium tea exports 90% production to the EU. No deal = close down.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
              X