• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We have an app...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have an app...

in 2 weeks.

Long-awaited NHS contact tracing app will launch in England and Wales in two WEEKS | Daily Mail Online

Long-awaited NHS Covid contact-tracing app will FINALLY launch in England and Wales in two weeks, Department of Health announces - a day after Sturgeon launched it in Scotland

The beleaguered NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app will finally launch in England and Wales on September 24, the Department of Health has confirmed. Officials have repeatedly delayed the rollout of the smartphone software (seen right in its development stage) since it was first expected in May but trials on the Isle of Wight failed. The app will add to the NHS Test & Trace service which aims to track down people who have been close to those infected with the coronavirus. It will use Bluetooth to keep an anonymous log of everyone each user has been close to, and alert them if one of them tests positive for Covid-19. The announcement comes after Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon (centre), yesterday launched the 'Protect Scotland' app and is the latest in a series of Covid-related developments in which Westminster has trailed behind the government north of the border.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    in 2 weeks.

Long-awaited NHS contact tracing app will launch in England and Wales in two WEEKS | Daily Mail Online

Long-awaited NHS Covid contact-tracing app will FINALLY launch in England and Wales in two weeks, Department of Health announces - a day after Sturgeon launched it in Scotland

The beleaguered NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app will finally launch in England and Wales on September 24, the Department of Health has confirmed. Officials have repeatedly delayed the rollout of the smartphone software (seen right in its development stage) since it was first expected in May but trials on the Isle of Wight failed. The app will add to the NHS Test & Trace service which aims to track down people who have been close to those infected with the coronavirus. It will use Bluetooth to keep an anonymous log of everyone each user has been close to, and alert them if one of them tests positive for Covid-19. The announcement comes after Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon (centre), yesterday launched the 'Protect Scotland' app and is the latest in a series of Covid-related developments in which Westminster has trailed behind the government north of the border.
    Interesting it uses Bluetooth ... I have quite an old Android phone and never have BT turned on.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Anyone got a charger.

Battery life. I assume BT needs to be on and active all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

That ain't happening on my phone.

Comment

Its uses low energy BT, BLE (How NHS COVID-19 coronavirus contact tracing app will work). I'm not sure whether turning BT off on your device actually turns that off too. Its been discussed on here before by some of the folk who have worked with the technology.

Edit: though this report suggests the new version may not use any BT variant: Everything you need to know about the NHS test, track and trace app | WIRED UK
          Last edited by Paralytic; 11 September 2020, 12:26.

Comment

4 months too late. They can go feck themselves
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              4 months too late. They can go feck themselves
              Now now...

We know they are incompetent...

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Exactly why my BT is never left on.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Do we know who has built this?

Does the Scottish one talk to the English one?

Wouldn’t it have been more sensible to have one developed by the EU for the whole of Europe?

Will the English one be available in Welsh and Cornish?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Do we know who has built this?

Does the Scottish one talk to the English one?

Wouldn’t it have been more sensible to have one developed by the EU for the whole of Europe?

Will the English one be available in Welsh and Cornish?
                    You could find out all these answers for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X