• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What you up to this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you up to this weekend?

As Brillo does not seem to be around, what you up to this sunny weekend?

Is it the last big party before the rule of six takes effect?

Saturday changing a head gasket.
    Sunday giving up with scraped knuckles.

Comment

Apparently the weather is going to be glorious so...

Beer o'clock starts soon with a TGIF in town followed by trip to the pub
      Saturday morning starts with some remote working for a bank in Bulgaria followed by a 'meet and greet' for an autumn collection at a local store. Then it's off to the biergarten to get some rays
      Sunday will start with working on a parallel sysplex I'm building for a customer in the UK followed by a trip to another biergarten for more rays and live music
      Food will also be consumed at some points
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sunday is threatening to be a warm day so will be hitting the beach for the last swim of the year.

Comment

TFA

One more meeting then I'm off up to sunny Scotlandshire for a week.

Tomorrow evening out with HWMBO and his kids for dinner.

Monday day off.

Knowing HWMBO as the old romantic he is, I suspect the weekend will comprise shopping (not the fun sort), gardening, trips to the tip, trips to his storage place.

I will be imbibing of much alcohol when I'm not being a taxi driver.

And your good self?

Comment

Tomorrow is continuing the saga of my DIY extension build. Gonna second fix plumbing, ready for the kitchen units and appliances and look at how the wall hung toilet works.

Sunday, we're taking the little one to his first theme park as that was high on the agenda for 2020 so feel it's time.

Comment

Doing as little as possible with a trip or two to a pub garden.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Sunday is threatening to be a warm day so will be hitting the beach for the last swim of the year.
                Enjoy

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'll hopefully get to ride my bike a couple of times (although probably on turbo trainer). If wife is not too poorly I'll try to take her out for a little drive.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

TFA

Tomorrow morning, working - but nipping out to get beer supplies for tomorrow afternoon/evening bbq with seven others, because we don't live in The People's Republic of Boris.

Sunday morning, my wife and I are off to advise a young couple of our acquaintance how to manage their money - and hand over baby clothes for their soon-coming sprog. Sunday lunch, finish off the British sausages we brought back from the UK. Sunday evening, church for the first time in months, where we will hear a sermon in Swiss German and sing Swiss German hymns and song. Followed by beer and chips (fries) in the foyer.

Monday a.m. gym and sauna.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X