• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV19 Testing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV19 Testing

Eldest son started coughing and said he could not taste food last Wed so kept him (and his sister) off school. Booked a test at a drive through yesterday, however when got there chap said I should have had a QR code emailed/texted to me. Got neither!

Anywho Mrs qh booked another closer drive through test this morning and even though the BBC said that it was close to collapsing, we had no issues no massive queues, all fine, apart from my 9yo lad not being able to have the swab at back of mouth (have to do this for 10 seconds!) so had to use up nose instead, which can give inconclusive results.

His sense of taste has come back so fingers crossed test will come back negative.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Fingers crossed all is ok!

Comment

Even though I am in a city, the nearest test site from me is 16 miles away as the crow flies but 29 miles one way by road. I have been told that they are short of testing kits and people may have to wait a week for a test.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Eldest son started coughing and said he could not taste food last Wed so kept him (and his sister) off school. Booked a test at a drive through yesterday, however when got there chap said I should have had a QR code emailed/texted to me. Got neither!

Anywho Mrs qh booked another closer drive through test this morning and even though the BBC said that it was close to collapsing, we had no issues no massive queues, all fine, apart from my 9yo lad not being able to have the swab at back of mouth (have to do this for 10 seconds!) so had to use up nose instead, which can give inconclusive results.

His sense of taste has come back so fingers crossed test will come back negative.

qh
        Fingers crossed for you, your risk level is 10000% bigger than theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Even though I am in a city, the nearest test site from me is 16 miles away as the crow flies but 29 miles one way by road. I have been told that they are short of testing kits and people may have to wait a week for a test.
          The wife found on a local forum site that there a walk-in test site only a few miles away and that people have been rocking up getting tested without booking for one!

qh

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Fingers crossed for you, your risk level is 10000% bigger than theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Strange times, normally with a cough it would have been some Calpol and off to school you go, however now...

myself, wife and daughter are (touch wood) fine no cough or high temp.

qh

Comment

qh
              I've had to book a test for one of my kids (dry cough which was getting worse) and had a similar experience. My suspicion is that it lets you start to book an appointment at the location but doesn't actually "reserve" the slot until you complete. If at completion the slot has gone it sends you back to the beginning which can be very confusing. If you are successful the QR code is displayed at the end of the booking process and sent by email.

So we started looking for a test on Tuesday evening, thought we had a drive in but no confirmation. Started looking again Wednesday morning (tests become available at regular intervals) and had a walk in appointment for Wednesday Evening. Results back Early Thursday Evening. Fortunately they came back negative

From my experience the system is not close to collapsing. It is just being cluttered up by the worried well and resources being diverted to were they are best used.

Comment

qh
                I had a drive in test about 8 weeks ago. IIRC, on the website it stated you should not turn up unless you have a confirmed booked appointment and are able to show the code/email at the test centre. Literally the first thing I was asked to do on arrival was show the letter and code which someone scanned.

Comment

Fingers crossed for negative results.

Live out in the sticks, nearest test centre is a few Km's away. Usually results come in the morning. Randomly test the kids every now and again since school started.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Fingers crossed for negative results.

Live out in the sticks, nearest test centre is a few Km's away. Usually results come in the morning. Randomly test the kids every now and again since school started.
                    Scoots, you live in the wealthiest part of Germany.

Go and try your luck in Gelsenkirchen and report back.

Comment

Working...
                    X