• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Braking the law in a way that that I find unacceptable.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna Convention, Article 27. INTERNAL LAW AND OBSERVANCE OF TREATIESA party may not invoke the provisions of its internal law as justification for itsfailure to perform a treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      International treaties are signed between nation states, and the EU isn't one, (although it behaves like one in all but name) as you like to point out when it suits.
      I'll just leave this here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2799631
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The UK can do whatever it likes, but so can the EU, that's why they'll be targeting UK car manufacturing, agriculture and the finance industry with tariffs, quotas and regulations unless the UK backs down.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

SNP now making a valid argument that a government that breaks international treaties can't be trusted.

Difficult to find an adequate counter-argument.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            SNP now making a valid argument that a government that breaks international treaties can't be trusted.

I'm sure a Brexidiot or 2 will be along soon to give their defense
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Send a gunboat!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                International treaties are signed between nation states, and the EU isn't one, (although it behaves like one in all but name) as you like to point out when it suits.
                You voted for Brexit, you voted Tory, you said Boris and is oven ready deal is great, your were for the MPs rushing the NI deal through Parliament yet now Boris has changed his mind you blindly follow him in reneging on the agreement.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Anyone who doesn't agree with Boris hates the UK and should f**k off to North Korea. That's their usual argument.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I was being ironic...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      You voted for Brexit, you voted Tory, you said Boris and is oven ready deal is great, your were for the MPs rushing the NI deal through Parliament yet now Boris has changed his mind you blindly follow him in reneging on the agreement.
                      Some of that is true, some isn't. I'm not Boris' biggest fan, for example.
                      I'm loving the frothing though.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X