• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Braking the law in a way that that I find unacceptable.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braking the law in a way that that I find unacceptable.

The law is the law. Justice secretary or not.

'Breaking' the law. Or, changing the law, since the Government can do that now.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

'Breaking' the law. Or, changing the law, since the Government can do that now.
      Apart from the typo, it is a direct quote of Robert Buckland.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Apart from the typo, it is a direct quote of Robert Buckland.
        I saw that headline and wondered what is an acceptable level of law breaking

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I saw that headline and wondered what is an acceptable level of law breaking
          When it doesn't involve international treaties?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            tulip, not domestic? I was just about to head down to spoons before showing the police what I consider acceptable.*

*Pretty much anything apart from incest & square dancing.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              International treaties are signed between nation states, and the EU isn't one, (although it behaves like one in all but name) as you like to point out when it suits.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                The law is the law. Justice secretary or not.
                I saw the interview on the Marr show, hilarious. Surely his position should always be against breaking laws ... but I guess with these Tories they try to make this sound like it's a grey area for their idiot supporters

In my profession as an accountant, if I support breaking the law/rules then I would be struck off. Seems this doesn't apply to MPs
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I saw the interview on the Marr show, hilarious. Surely his position should always be against breaking laws ... but I guess with these Tories they try to make this sound like it's a grey area for their idiot supporters

In my profession as an accountant, if I support breaking the law/rules then I would be struck off. Seems this doesn't apply to MPs

You will never advise the big boys then, they take the law from behind like ben Dover.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You will never advise the big boys then, they take the law from behind like ben Dover.
                    Suits me. I'm more than happy not to have to break the law and lie to make some money.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X