• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Over 50, fat, bald or unfit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Well all the above responses just shows how many people don't know the difference between an AND and an OR statement.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Was hoping you hadn't noticed that
        So when do I get my telegram saying I have to stay home?
        If only it had been sent 22nd June 2016

Comment

I've seen quite a few small companies recently looking for "code for food" programmers.
          I've entertained the discussion as well with one when the recruiter was fine with my 55k min threshold but the job spec came with up to 40k joke on it.

During the interview I've discovered that they were quite keen on having someone on site as well. To micro-manage the tulip out of you.
          I've declined with more or less polite answer.

But imagine these type of companies getting someone in, forcing him to go on site despite the job spec says "remote for now" albeit the push is for on site.
          Then the person cracking it because of getting exposed during work or related. It could mean a huge liability to the company.
          Apart from taking a huge piss wanting to pay someone 40k for a 60k-80k role that could be easily done remotely.
          What good times to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            If only it had been sent 22nd June 2016
            Leaving you just 17.399999 million short
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Your name is on zzzzzlist from next Thursday apparently and confined to home

Gin order ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                schmink?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Leaving you just 17.399999 million short
                  Got to start somewhere

Comment

Virus that can tell the difference between colleagues and friends continues to baffle scientists

Comment

Seems like over 45 now

Everyone over 45 could have been forced to stay at home to avoid second lockdown

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X