• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fun Monday job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Monday job

Over the weekend I went to get a NowTV sports pass to watch Liv-Leeds only to dsicover I have a monthly recurring pass... that has been running at least a year unbeknownst to me.

I had it in 2019 but when they sent me an email "your CC is expiring we're cancelling your passes" last September, I let it.
    Now it turns out they've been charging £33.99 a month to an expired CC for a year.

This sounds like a fun way to waste some time
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

It's a common thing with recurring payments. My car insurance company took a renewal premium on a well expired card.

I complained to both my bank and the insurance company at the time but never got a satisfactory answer. It would seem that the expiry date means nothing.

I knew the payment was due, and didn't dispute that, but was waiting on a different card to arrive to charge the premium to. In the meantime the charge occurred on the card I didn't want which messed up my use of a 0% deal.

However, the key learning for you is that you should check your statements more often.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It's a common thing with recurring payments. My car insurance company took a renewal premium on a well expired card.

I complained to both my bank and the insurance company at the time but never got a satisfactory answer. It would seem that the expiry date means nothing.

I knew the payment was due, and didn't dispute that, but was waiting on a different card to arrive to charge the premium to. In the meantime the charge occurred on the card I didn't want which messed up my use of a 0% deal.

However, the key learning for you is that you should check your statements more often.
      AND use virtual cards.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        This is very true - I thought I did but somehow it slipped through.

NowTV are saying "you must have restarted the monthly subscription, there's no way we can take payment without permission" i.e. "not our fault" but they must have logs of every single action I've taken?
        Given they sent me an email telling me they had cancelled my subscription, they surely cannot re-start it again if at a later date I update my payment card?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They did this to me with the movies pass for £6.99 and it ran for about 8 months, I did send an email to cancel beforehand but they obv didn't get it.

They could see I'd not watched/streamed any films in that time so I received six months' payments back.

Worth a phone call anyway.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
          X