• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

revisionism is well under way.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revisionism is well under way.

Oxford museum removes shrunken heads made by Amazon headhunting tribe | Daily Mail Online

Oxford museum removes shrunken heads made by Amazon headhunting tribe after bosses said exhibiting human remains 'reinforces racist and stereotypical thinking'

• Pitt Rivers Museum took down display ahead of its reopening on 22 September
    • Dr Laura Van Broekhoven said collection goes against the museum's 'core values'
    • The removal comes as part of a three-year internal review by museum in Oxford
    Their core values aren't displaying the truth?

The Shuar and Achuar people of Ecuador and South America made the shrunken heads, or 'tsantas', as they believed it would harness the spirit of the enemy and prevent the soul from avenging his death.

I assume depiction of the British Empire as being harsh to their colonies is to be removed?

Its history warts and all!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Plenty of revisionism going on in the government over the last 6 months, are you going to call any of that out?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My daughter loved that exhibit. That is a shame; museums are set to become empty indoctrination centres.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Plenty of revisionism going on in the government over the last 6 months, are you going to call any of that out?

Of course boris has bollocksed it as usual. If only Keir had been elected earlier the Tory party would have not picked the "First among Idiots". Pretty much the same as the USA.

But it gets my blood pressure so high I tend to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          My daughter loved that exhibit. That is a shame; museums are set to become empty indoctrination centres.

That is my worry, we have seen how the truth is not important in BLM protests, just pick a drug addled criminal known for violence that died in Police custody or a drug dealers Moll then blame the result on skin colour not the difficulties the police face.

Blaming Britain & the west exclusively for slavery when Africa had being selling their own people as slaves for a millennia to the Arabs. Why don't they approach Egypt for reparations?

Sack people because of their white skin colour and replace with black ones.

etc.

I just want the truth and for the problems to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I just want the truth.
            You just want your world view validated.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You just want your world view validated.

If my world view is the truth why not?

Can you explain what I said there wasn't the truth and why, add references and show your working.

Comment

If my world view is the truth why not?

Can you explain what I said there wasn't the truth and why, add references and show your working.
                Nice try, but it's up to you to explain why you're right. You're the one making claims.

Feel free to show your working.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Nice try, but it's up to you to explain why you're right. You're the one making claims.

Feel free to show your working.

Hey I already have but I lent my crayons to Old Smeg so you may find it difficult to understand.

Which bit of a Museum deciding not to display historical events because they don't like them is challenging?

Your turn.

Comment

Hey I already have...
                    Repeatedly asserting a position isn't an explanation.

Comment

Working...
                    X