• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep calm and keep billing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep calm and keep billing

Since offshoring...

Two weeks or so ago, I was asked to do some development in a SAP system D.
    My account on D was out of validity, so I requested a change.
    My minimum charge to the client for a day or part thereof is 2hrs,
    2hrs invoiced.
    Next day, the request was updated. I logged in to begin work... to be told I couldn't develop in D, I had to do the work in H. I don't have the H connection details, so I request them.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Two days later, request updated with H connection details. They don't work.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Four days later, update with new details. They work. But I've no developer key and don't have the right authorisations anyway.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Next day, update... we need to see the auth log - I respond that it's already attached to the change
    2hrs invoiced.
    Two days later, update... why do you need a development key? So I can develop you moron (only more diplomatically).
    2hrs invoiced.
    Four days later, we've got a development key for you. Log in... still not got the right auths.
    2hrs invoiced.

So, not bad. Nearly two days invoiced and the work (which should take 1 day) hasn't been done. (I've been working for other clients instead, so not losing any money). Offshoring - gotta love it. Takes longer, costs more, pays me more. Thanks Accenture! It's my onshore colleagues I feel sorry for. (As I'm sure you do too - having to work with me! ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Since offshoring...

Two weeks or so ago, I was asked to do some development in a SAP system D.
    My account on D was out of validity, so I requested a change.
    My minimum charge to the client for a day or part thereof is 2hrs,
    2hrs invoiced.
    Next day, the request was updated. I logged in to begin work... to be told I couldn't develop in D, I had to do the work in H. I don't have the H connection details, so I request them.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Two days later, request updated with H connection details. They don't work.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Four days later, update with new details. They work. But I've no developer key and don't have the right authorisations anyway.
    2hrs invoiced.
    Next day, update... we need to see the auth log - I respond that it's already attached to the change
    2hrs invoiced.
    Two days later, update... why do you need a development key? So I can develop you moron (only more diplomatically).
    2hrs invoiced.
    Four days later, we've got a development key for you. Log in... still not got the right auths.
    2hrs invoiced.

So, not bad. Nearly two days invoiced and the work (which should take 1 day) hasn't been done. (I've been working for other clients instead, so not losing any money). Offshoring - gotta love it. Takes longer, costs more, pays me more. Thanks Accenture! It's my onshore colleagues I feel sorry for. (As I'm sure you do too - having to work with me! ).
    Compared with lawyers invoices, that is pathetic.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm a fan of your work. I billed a whole day yesterday to send an e-mail requesting names and IP addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Compared with lawyers invoices, that is pathetic.
        Compared with F1 invoices, lawyers invoices are pathetic.

Started getting some work in exploring socially distanced hospitality for future seasons.

This is good news as the NHS "manager" had demanded that I come into the office when working pro bono. Fun handing back laptop et al in an AMG GTS.
        Last edited by clearedforlanding; 15 September 2020, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Compared with F1 invoices, lawyers invoices are pathetic.

Started getting some work in exploring socially distanced hospitality for future seasons.

This is good news as the NHS "manager" had demanded that I come into the office when working pro bono. Fun handing back laptop et al in an AMG GTS.
          Never work with kids, animals or volunteers.

Comment

I once billed 8 hours for doing next to nothing.. I say once.. I mean once a day for the last 12 years
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I once billed 8 hours for doing next to nothing.. I say once.. I mean once a day for the last 12 years
              Don't sell yourself short. I wouldn't call the crew of a chemical tanker next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Never work with kids, animals or volunteers.
                Or my daughter's stuffed IKEA Monkey. Constantly pissed and leading me astray.

It has been 5 years CUcKolds. Can someone please finally teach me how to embed images? Talking of which, where is Greenlake?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Or my daughter's stuffed IKEA Monkey. Constantly pissed and leading me astray.

It has been 5 years CUcKolds. Can someone please finally teach me how to embed images? Talking of which, where is Greenlake?
                  Make sure you copy the image address not the page and put it in IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
                    Make sure you copy the image address not the page and put it in IMG tags

*I honestly don't know what the **** is wrong with me.
                    **Woohoo! Finally!

Comment

Working...
                    X