• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Gregg and other Anti Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    What are the day rates for "anti"?

Inside anti or outside anti?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Is the BBC still hiring contractors nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Outside anti, ideally. Not that I'm totally anti inside anti if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Someone unhappy with how their life has turned out but who refuses to take responsibility for their own failures. At a guess.
          First of all I've done incredibly well over the last 10 years, I contracted invested money in properties and pensions Sipps.

What I'm annoyed about Greg is that very avenue is being cut off to for anyone wanting to do well now, contracting is being regulated and stopped, small business whiped out, property investment wiped out, NHS dismantled, food standards lowered, workers rights dismantled, wages lowered.

The Tories are rigging this economy completely unchallenged, buy to let lines the pockets of wealthy property developers, IR35 lines the pockets of the big 5 agencies and offshore agencies.

Those of us with a spine continue to speak out, those without Gregg and the Nerd with the mug picture just bend over and take it. Sad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
            whiped out
            Sounds painful.

Comment

First of all I've done incredibly well over the last 10 years, I contracted invested money in properties and pensions Sipps.

What I'm annoyed about Greg is that very avenue is being cut off to for anyone wanting to do well now, contracting is being regulated and stopped, small business whiped out, property investment wiped out, NHS dismantled, food standards lowered, workers rights dismantled, wages lowered.

The Tories are rigging this economy completely unchallenged, buy to let lines the pockets of wealthy property developers, IR35 lines the pockets of the big 5 agencies and offshore agencies.

Those of us with a spine continue to speak out, those without Gregg and the Nerd with the mug picture just bend over and take it. Sad times.
              I'm sure there is a coherent rant in there somewhere but I'm struggling to see it...

What I find funny is that Old Greg isn't even in the UK, he shifted to Ireland a few years back..
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Sounds painful.
                If you are all so apposed to contracting why don't you set up an anti contracting site. There is nothing wrong with contracting, we forego regular steady incomes, we pay our own holidays, invest out own pensions, cut back on red tape, pay our own insurance and bring a wealth of experience to the economy.

Who the hell are the Tory, Eaton out of touch, millionaires tax dodging clueless idiots to tell us we are disguised employees.

Comment

My contracting business is going great guns, thanks very much, and shows no sign of being "whiped [sic] out". No complaints here at all.

Your "speaking out" is ineffective whining. If you're worried about your own business, think smarter if you are able to, and succeed. If you're worried about the direction the Tories are taking the country, get politically active to do something about it. Alternatively, carry on being a whiny pole choker on an Internet forum. My money is on you doing the last of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I'm sure there is a coherent rant in there somewhere but I'm struggling to see it...

What I find funny is that Old Greg isn't even in the UK, he shifted to Ireland a few years back..
                    Ah yes he is working on strategy for the Uk goverment to get brexit right I see

Comment

A good post but don’t waste your time with these charlatans who have nothing to do with their affernoons

Comment

Working...
                      X