The Natives are Revolting The Natives are Revolting - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    34,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Quite happy with rum myself - as long as we've still got Jamaica* there's no need to panic just yet...

    *Obviously I don't mean in an ownership sense, just as in a collective Commonwealth sort of sense. A man needs a Mojito in these testing times, y'know...

    I predict a few craft micro distilleries producing beet rum etc. soon in the UK. Seems to be the way things are going.

    Brandy bay & Tor Bay rum sound plausible.
    not sure Fishguard & Holyhead will make it.

    List of bays of the British Isles - Wikipedia
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  2. #22

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    I predict a few craft micro distilleries producing beet rum etc. soon in the UK. Seems to be the way things are going.

    Brandy bay & Tor Bay rum sound plausible.
    not sure Fishguard & Holyhead will make it.

    List of bays of the British Isles - Wikipedia
    There’s a Welsh rum I’ve had that isn’t too bad.
    Down in the West Country, Lugger Rum | Buy Devon Spiced Rum | Lyme Bay Winery
    It’s spicing makes it more like rum & coke, but it’s not far from our other house, so always a bottle on the go at one or the other.

    Plenty of English rums out there, Rumbullion is a good example worth a snifter.

    English Rum - Master of Malt
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  3. #23

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I loved Santiago de Cuba rum. Hard to get outside of Cuba. Deliciously dark and potent.
    Since you posed that I can't get my mind away from Cuba, all inclusive hotel, sitting a the pool bar, generous refills of Mojitos, and tapas, afternoon breeze, clear blue sea with so many fish I kept saying sorry to them when I was swimming and bumping into them.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Since you posed that I can't get my mind away from Cuba, all inclusive hotel, sitting a the pool bar, generous refills of Mojitos, and tapas, afternoon breeze, clear blue sea with so many fish I kept saying sorry to them when I was swimming and bumping into them.
    What?? All inclusive? So you're talking about Varadero? FFS.

    I went about 4 years ago for a friend's 50th birthday. Our itinerary was: Havana, Viñales, Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa, Havana. All in two weeks, rubbish roads, dodgy toilets, friendly casas, local food and Cristal beer.

    I'd go back in a heartbeat.

  5. #25

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    What?? All inclusive? So you're talking about Varadero? FFS.

    I went about 4 years ago for a friend's 50th birthday. Our itinerary was: Havana, Viñales, Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa, Havana. All in two weeks, rubbish roads, dodgy toilets, friendly casas, local food and Cristal beer.

    I'd go back in a heartbeat.
    Two centre with Havana, I also hired a car and travelled around and did the good deed of giving lifts to the locals. I found it to be one of the safest countries to visit.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

  6. #26

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    What?? All inclusive? So you're talking about Varadero? FFS.

    I went about 4 years ago for a friend's 50th birthday. Our itinerary was: Havana, Viñales, Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa, Havana. All in two weeks, rubbish roads, dodgy toilets, friendly casas, local food and Cristal beer.

    I'd go back in a heartbeat.

    What size bareboat were you on?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  7. #27

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    26,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Quite happy with rum myself - as long as we've still got Jamaica* there's no need to panic just yet...

    *Obviously I don't mean in an ownership sense, just as in a collective Commonwealth Realm sort of sense. A man needs a Mojito in these testing times, y'know...
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  8. #28

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,647
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  9. #29

    Contractor Among Contractors

    _V_ is NOT a disguised employee

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    As a younger man I would have jumped at the chance to live there. Think of those Bajan women.
    We're all Crypto Millionaire's, now Dave...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •