• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women's clothing sizes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    (Not for me you understand )

The OH bought 3 different pairs of jeans on-line, all size 12. I measured the waist with a tape measure and one was 33", one was 30" and one was even 24".

Is that par for the course?
    It's poor QC. Men's sizes are just as bad with waist and leg size.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Can't say I've ever experienced that. Whenever I've ordered a 32" waist it's always been near as damn it. Certainly not several inches out.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        what's an OH??
        Old Harrovian

But I believe Harrow School does take girls these days, so we can't jump to any hasty conclusions!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The OH bought 3 different pairs of jeans on-line, all size 12. I measured the waist with a tape measure and one was 33", one was 30" and one was even 24".

I assume they are all from different shops. Mentioned this to my other half and she says it's been the way as long as she remembers. Plenty of articles on it.

The real reason you're a size 12 in one shop and 14 in another
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            R U OK hun?

see Old Greg is swigging from his Penis Beaker already!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can't say I've ever experienced that. Whenever I've ordered a 32" waist it's always been near as damn it. Certainly not several inches out.
              I've brought exactly the same size of jeans in the same style from the same shop within a month of each other. One pair had a slightly bigger waistband and was slightly shorter. So in that case it was poor QC.

I've also tried on clothes in two sizes in a shop, and found them to be exactly the same size.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Never experienced that inches is a pretty universal measurement. The only issue I get is those stupid skin tight trousers that wont go over my muscular thighs.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Your OH might find this useful - and I found it interesting from an "application of IT & data" perspective...

What's your perfect fitting top, skirt and dress on the highstreet? | Fashion | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I've brought exactly the same size of jeans in the same style from the same shop within a month of each other. One pair had a slightly bigger waistband and was slightly shorter. So in that case it was poor QC.

I've also tried on clothes in two sizes in a shop, and found them to be exactly the same size.

same design & manufacturer?

In my experience it varies inside a shop as well. I buy different material trousers in the same basic style, same size in the same shop and they are 2 inches different.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      Never experienced that inches is a pretty universal measurement. The only issue I get is those stupid skin tight trousers that wont go over my big butt.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X