• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Uk profitability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    To be fair, he appears to have reasonable experience of whining.
    The usual bullies have turned up to the basketball court

What started off in business has moved to general and as expected becomes a thread of nonsense

If you don’t know anything about The original question please just keep quiet and maybe you will LEARN

Wish you a pleasant evening

Comment

FOLPM1

Comment

WBR14S
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post

What started off in business has moved to general and as expected becomes a thread of nonsense

If you don’t know anything about The original question please just keep quiet and maybe you will LEARN

What have the regulars got to learn from a tax evading cretin?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We’ve already learnt you’re a thick dullard.

Comment

I have been wondering. How does CUK make money to cover its costs. Clearly the answer is ads obviously

I’d love to hear from people who know how the ad business works for a site like cuk so that if I created a site called contractordivorcesuk I’d know what I need

I guess questions are

1) does the ad provider pay for just showing an ad or only when clicked. If paid to show how many cents per view

2) if I click an ad is there anyway to know what it has cost the ad provider. If not what can it range to

3) most importantly how many users viewers and ad clicks do you need to actually spin a profit

4) what sort of costs does a forum website generate. Some hosting costs of a few hundred bucks but really anything else

I have no intention of doing a hostil takeover of CUK

I’m asking so I can get an idea of how cut throat forums and internet ads are. I ve no experience at all in this area so I’d like to hear from those who do
              Why don't you do all this ground work and share it with us?

Comment

I launched a browser session and typed www.google.com into the address bar. In the Google input box I typed in "how to earn ad revenue from a website".

This was one of the results:

33 Proven Ways To Monetize a Website (or a Blog) | websitesetup.org

What you won't get is anyone telling you what they earn either by selling ads or the pay per click rates. This is because it's commercially sensitive.

Now run along and do your own research.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I launched a browser session and typed www.google.com into the address bar. In the Google input box I typed in "how to earn ad revenue from a website".

This was one of the results:

33 Proven Ways To Monetize a Website (or a Blog) | websitesetup.org

What you won't get is anyone telling you what they earn either by selling ads or the pay per click rates. This is because it's commercially sensitive.

Now run along and do your own research.
                  He's not interested in the thread topic. He's just setting up situations where he can be "bullied" to feed his whiny-pole-choker-victim complex.

Comment

I know we've moved this to general at the OP is just a but this is both interesting (for everyone else) and might actually help him

https://twitter.com/QuinnyPig/status...66928882692101

Oh and the phrase I would attach to that is always "Charge More"
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      He's not interested in the thread topic. He's just setting up situations where he can be "bullied" to feed his whiny-pole-choker-victim complex.
                      I know but I thought I'd toss the troll a tid bit anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X