• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Uk profitability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I know but I thought I'd toss the troll a tid bit anyway.
    Same here. Happy to play the game with him. He'll get bored before we do
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      I have been wondering. How does CUK make money to cover its costs. Clearly the answer is ads obviously

I’d love to hear from people who know how the ad business works for a site like cuk so that if I created a site called contractordivorcesuk I’d know what I need

I guess questions are

1) does the ad provider pay for just showing an ad or only when clicked. If paid to show how many cents per view

2) if I click an ad is there anyway to know what it has cost the ad provider. If not what can it range to

3) most importantly how many users viewers and ad clicks do you need to actually spin a profit

4) what sort of costs does a forum website generate. Some hosting costs of a few hundred bucks but really anything else

I have no intention of doing a hostil takeover of CUK

I’m asking so I can get an idea of how cut throat forums and internet ads are. I ve no experience at all in this area so I’d like to hear from those who do
      If it was that simple everyone would be doing it, advertisers will only want to pay to be on sites with a lot of views, people only want to view a site with good content.

For a comparison see IT Contractor & IT Contracting News & Advice, e.g.. Umbrella Companies (An advert site with some content) against Contractor UK: IT Contracting Resources for UK Contractors (A content site with some adverts)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        If it was that simple everyone would be doing it, advertisers will only want to pay to be on sites with a lot of views, people only want to view a site with good content.

For a comparison see IT Contractor & IT Contracting News & Advice, e.g.. Umbrella Companies (An advert site with some content) against Contractor UK: IT Contracting Resources for UK Contractors (A content site with some adverts)
        im asking whether each time i read oldgreggs and whortys silly answers and get shown an ad whether I would have made Atw richer by the fact that an ad was served on me

Comment

im asking whether each time i read oldgreggs and whortys silly answers and get shown an ad whether I would have made Atw richer by the fact that an ad was served on me
          atw isn't admin nor the owner of this site.

atw makes money but helping people work out how to make their sites rank higher on Google...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I know but I thought I'd toss the troll a tid bit anyway.
            Speaking of which, any tit pics going spare?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I have been wondering. How does CUK make money to cover its costs.
              Blackmail, mainly.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Blackmail, mainly.
                  Shush, as with other scams don't reveal the details until it's too late to escape (see all umbrella tax saving schemes).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Try the Internet.

Comment

Is the OP the tedious lickspittle that was complaining about being bullied on here earlier?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X