• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Uk profitability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Uk profitability

I have been wondering. How does CUK make money to cover its costs. Clearly the answer is ads obviously

I’d love to hear from people who know how the ad business works for a site like cuk so that if I created a site called contractordivorcesuk I’d know what I need

I guess questions are

1) does the ad provider pay for just showing an ad or only when clicked. If paid to show how many cents per view

2) if I click an ad is there anyway to know what it has cost the ad provider. If not what can it range to

3) most importantly how many users viewers and ad clicks do you need to actually spin a profit

4) what sort of costs does a forum website generate. Some hosting costs of a few hundred bucks but really anything else

I have no intention of doing a hostil takeover of CUK

I’m asking so I can get an idea of how cut throat forums and internet ads are. I ve no experience at all in this area so I’d like to hear from those who do

I thought you were flouncing.

Needs more flounce.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      I ve no experience at all
      So we’ve gathered.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How does CUK make money to cover its costs.
        It's basically a cretin zoo. We pay admin handsomely (well, admin is a cheap date) to attract cretins like you so that we can mock them mercilessly.

Comment

I have been wondering. How does CUK make money to cover its costs. Clearly the answer is ads obviously

I’d love to hear from people who know how the ad business works for a site like cuk so that if I created a site called contractordivorcesuk I’d know what I need

I guess questions are

1) does the ad provider pay for just showing an ad or only when clicked. If paid to show how many cents per view

2) if I click an ad is there anyway to know what it has cost the ad provider. If not what can it range to

3) most importantly how many users viewers and ad clicks do you need to actually spin a profit

4) what sort of costs does a forum website generate. Some hosting costs of a few hundred bucks but really anything else

I have no intention of doing a hostil takeover of CUK

I’m asking so I can get an idea of how cut throat forums and internet ads are. I ve no experience at all in this area so I’d like to hear from those who do
          No idea. You may want to contact the owners and see if they will share their business model with you. Or maybe contact Hiscox and ask them how much they pay CUK to advertise on here as you're looking to start a forum and you think you can get the same virtual footfall as CUK.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            No idea. You may want to contact the owners and see if they will share their business model with you. Or maybe contact Hiscox and ask them how much they pay CUK to advertise on here as you're looking to start a forum and you think you can get the same virtual footfall as CUK.
            ..and SJD..which is weird as most contractors here slag them off in the threads.

Disclaimer:

I’m with SJD and its all about the accountant you get, also with Hiscox..and they are really good imo

Comment

I have no intention of doing a hostel takeover of CUK
              Laugh? I nearly shat myself..

Fixed your spelling error for you.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Laugh? I nearly shat myself..

Fixed your spelling error for you.
                You couldn't fix your 'nearly' shat-in pants though...don't worry, they'll be ready by Monday...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

CUK would be a lot more profitable if there were intelligence and skill tests as part of the sign-up process.
                  Then they’d not have to pay the moderators as much because the posters would be smart, willing to learn, and civil.

Until then, ker-ching!
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    So we’ve gathered.
                    To be fair, he appears to have reasonable experience of whining.

Comment

Working...
                    X