• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

322000 additional people now in rent arrears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

322000 additional people now in rent arrears

Since covid19 stated, wow just wow

And this is before furlough ends next month

Mortgage arrears will soon catch up now people have finished there Covid holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

its going to get worse 3 million unemployed and rising.

Now a portion are opportunists just not paying rent because they can get away with it but most are in trouble.

Inside Housing - News - Social housing arrears drop for first time since start of COVID-19 outbreak

Data gathered by HouseMark shows that median sector-wide arrears stood at 3.64% of overall rental income at the end of July – a slight reduction of 0.05% percentage points since June but still well above pre-pandemic rates.Arrears levels had previously risen month on month since March, when the average figure stood at 2.99%.
    The value of lost income to arrears across the sector surged by an estimated £100m within the first month of the outbreak, a previous HouseMark survey found.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Forget covid19 + the rising youth unemployment. The real party begins once Boris has finally reverted EU trade to WTO rules by January 1st.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm currently trying to decide whether to move to another rental. Pricing doesn't seem to have dropped all that much round my way, or I may have gotten a bargain 4 years ago and it's still good value in the current market. Hard to tell really.

Comment

Keep renting. It is the ultimate during a period of deflation. De-stressed landlord's managing a mortgage they can't afford; you may well find cheaper options.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I’ve been looking to get a decent studio anywhere “non stabby”.
            Landlords seem to be stuck in the old prerogative.
            I think the gov will do their part and allow for more people on social housing to join the rental market to keep the status quo as much as possible.

Peobably most of the landlords optimistically think that “rents have not gone down during ‘08 crysis, why should they do now?”.

Truth is probabaly that they might be right, it is a highly controlled market and everyone ia brainwashed in the happy go lucky narative.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I'm currently trying to decide whether to move to another rental. Pricing doesn't seem to have dropped all that much round my way, or I may have gotten a bargain 4 years ago and it's still good value in the current market. Hard to tell really.
            If I were you and I had the comfort of a safe job for now, I’d cancel my accomodation, move everything into storage and go remote for the winter.
            Villa in Marbella, San Francisco, maybe some city that you would have always liked to explore. Covid is still around but you would get very good deals for accomodation on airbnb and it won’t be that crowded. Life is short and experiences is all we get out of it.

Living like a local for 3-6m is the best way to learn about a location not the rushed weekend usually people get after extensive period aof hard work. When they are too tired to even remember whete they were.
            Last edited by GigiBronz; 17 September 2020, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Since covid19 stated, wow just wow

And this is before furlough ends next month

Mortgage arrears will soon catch up now people have finished there Covid holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Where is the source for this

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                I’ve been looking to get a decent studio anywhere “non stabby”.
                Landlords seem to be stuck in the old prerogative.
                I think the gov will do their part and allow for more people on social housing to join the rental market to keep the status quo as much as possible.

Peobably most of the landlords optimistically think that “rents have not gone down during ‘08 crysis, why should they do now?”.

Truth is probabaly that they might be right, it is a highly controlled market and everyone ia brainwashed in the happy go lucky narative.

If I were you and I had the comfort of a safe job for now, I’d cancel my accomodation, move everything into storage and go remote for the winter.
                Villa in Marbella, San Francisco, maybe some city that you would have always liked to explore. Covid is still around but you would get very good deals for accomodation on airbnb and it won’t be that crowded. Life is short and experiences is all we get out of it.

Living like a local for 3-6m is the best way to learn about a location not the rushed weekend usually people get after extensive period aof hard work. When they are too tired to even remember whete they were.
                Agreed...

apart from San Francisco - what a sheet hole. In fact most of California has gone down the toilet.

I'd choose Northern Thailand myself, were we considering a move.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Agreed...

apart from San Francisco - what a sheet hole. In fact most of California has gone down the toilet.

I'd choose Northern Thailand myself, were we considering a move.

If I were in that position I would definitely do it. Current extended WFH could be the perfect opportunity to see a new place.
                  Who knows what will happen Febr-March onwards.
                  It is also important to have some likely minded people to share the experiences with. It's not that easy when the people close to you have a corporate wheel to spin as well.

But I think I'd like some asian as well and not talking about the food. "Yellow fever" is a thing...

Comment

I think my partner might be a tad miffed if I upped sticks and left the country.

Comment

Working...
                    X