• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

322000 additional people now in rent arrears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think my partner might be a tad miffed if I upped sticks and left the country.
    He might like the idea as well, it would not be that much fun going on your own anyway. Maybe bring another couple alongside.
    Nevertheless it could be an eye opening experience.

I've tried to push something similar on a group of friends a few months back when the pandemic just started. But not so many people are so open minded, most of them aspire at owning a poorly built set of walls and spinning the corporate wheel until they grow old and miserable.

With brexit, covid and all the turmoil that we are going through, if I had the option I would definitely look at a backup option of building a life somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      Where is the source for this
      Wat On the ITV Preston show last night

Other link here from a few weeks ago

302 Moved

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I'm currently trying to decide whether to move to another rental. Pricing doesn't seem to have dropped all that much round my way, or I may have gotten a bargain 4 years ago and it's still good value in the current market. Hard to tell really.
        A good strategy is to ask on CUK, see what scooterscot says, and then do the opposite.

Comment

Last month we did some research on international schools in Chiang Mai - still on our Radar. Already have friends there, the Thai people are so friendly and there's cake. Lots of cake. And tea. And good food... drool
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            A good strategy is to ask on CUK, see what scooterscot says, and then do the opposite.

Go to the ground floor and jump off the building.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I guess I could go to the ground floor and not jump off. That's also one of the opposites

Comment

Last month we did some research on international schools in Chiang Mai - still on our Radar. Already have friends there, the Thai people are so friendly and there's cake. Lots of cake. And tea. And good food... drool
                Watch out for burning season. A lot of people are moving from CM to Da Nang because of it.

*and the ever changing immigration rules. And the corruption. And the toxic expat culture.

I lived in CM and had a house in Pai which I sold during the boom.

*I just had a chat with my daughter's stuffed monkey who goes to stuff like the policeman's ball - and even he says living in Thailand is tulip now. He advises you stay by the lake where you are.

Last edited by clearedforlanding; 17 September 2020, 16:52.

Comment

Last month we did some research on international schools in Chiang Mai - still on our Radar. Already have friends there, the Thai people are so friendly and there's cake. Lots of cake. And tea. And good food, and ladyboys... drool
                  ftfy
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

In my building if you jumped off the ground floor you'd end up about 10 feet down, in my patio

Maybe more. Judging measurements has never been a strong point after being told that "this much" is six inches.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                      I've tried to push something similar on a group of friends a few months back when the pandemic just started. But not so many people are so open minded, most of them aspire at owning a poorly built set of walls and spinning the corporate wheel until they grow old and miserable.

With brexit, covid and all the turmoil that we are going through, if I had the option I would definitely look at a backup option of building a life somewhere else.
                      What changed between these two paragraphs? Going from pushing it on your mates to saying you don't have the option?

Comment

Working...
                      X