• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

322000 additional people now in rent arrears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    In my building if you jumped off the ground floor you'd end up about 10 feet down, in my patio

Maybe more. Judging measurements has never been a strong point after being told that "this much" is six inches.

Well you are ahead of some posters here they live in their Mum's basement.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      Watch out for burning season. A lot of people are moving from CM to Da Nang because of it.

*and the ever changing immigration rules. And the corruption. And the toxic expat culture.

I lived in CM and had a house in Pai which I sold during the boom.

*I just had a chat with my daughter's stuffed monkey who goes to stuff like the policeman's ball - and even he says living in Thailand is tulip now. He advises you stay by the lake where you are.

Thanks for the pointers - not something that's came up.

Went to the strandbad the other morning for breakfast - do you yourself? This part of the world is really difficult to upscale from.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Thanks for the pointers - not something that's came up.

Went to the strandbad the other morning for breakfast - do you yourself? This part of the world is really difficult to upscale from.
        Yup.

I am far too busy watching the naked German ladies sunbathing on my dock when I am there

It really is hard to beat. Heading back to Starnberg in a couple of weeks and cannot wait. The only place comparable for quality of life is Japan (not as a salary man of course). I am particularly fond of Okinowa and was looking at moving on an investment visa - however that has been put on hold by Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          What changed between these two paragraphs? Going from pushing it on your mates to saying you don't have the option?
          realised that with populism on the rise and a great economic recession countries might implode and we could go back to borders, civil unrest etc. also the other citizenship I have is Romanian, where although upcoming, I haven't been in quite a while. Not quite sure I would like to learn French, German or go on a 5y H1B slavery visa.
          so waiting for another year to see how things go, maybe I will find a purpose and a citizenship in the meanwhile then re-assess.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Yup.

I am far too busy watching the naked German ladies sunbathing on my dock when I am there

It really is hard to beat. Heading back to Starnberg in a couple of weeks and cannot wait. The only place comparable for quality of life is Japan (not as a salary man of course). I am particularly fond of Okinowa and was looking at moving on an investment visa - however that has been put on hold by Covid.
            Heard good things about Japan... we were all set to go in the Spring with the kids until the virus came. The same couple also talk very fondly of South Korea as the place to be. This is not helping my itchy foot. All that said, every time we return to the landkreis whether I'm returning by car from the UK or the airport, you take a breath, see the sights the smells, we're like woah, we live here?

Don't get up to Starnberg so often but when we do it nearly always coincides with a visit to the Tutzinger hof. The burger ist top notch.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 17 September 2020, 21:30.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X