• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CONs of not living in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the biggest con of living abroad is that you have to speak slowly and loudly, otherwise the locals just don't understand you.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I find the biggest con of living abroad is that you have to speak slowly and loudly, otherwise the locals just don't understand you.
      It's very similar if you marry a broad.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        It's very similar if you marry a broad.

She kicked you out and you sleeping on the sofa?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've never actually set foot in a Subway sandwich shop.

I got as far as the threshold but the nauseating aroma of cheap nosh made me retch so badly that hunger was clearly a much better option.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

I got as far as the threshold but the nauseating aroma of cheap nosh made me retch so badly that hunger was clearly a much better option.
            That weird stench of processed bread baking that is almost almost, but not quite entirely unlike the smell of fresh bread.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

I've eaten it abroad.

Greggs tastes better. Probably because Greggs doesn't try to pretend what it isn't.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                That weird stench of processed bread baking that is almost almost, but not quite entirely unlike the smell of fresh bread.
                Their bread is probably the only edible item they sell, it's the processed fillings and rotting salad that smells so badly. Mind you, I bake my own bread and make my own sandwiches when visiting client site so have quite high standards.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I've eaten it abroad.

Greggs tastes better. Probably because Greggs doesn't try to pretend what it isn't.
                  Whereas I've been to Greggs once and it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten but can quite happily eat a Subway
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Whereas I've been to Greggs once and it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten but can quite happily eat a Subway
                    They're both equally disgusting processed garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      You live in Germany, so that's already a fairly low bar...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X