• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600£ per day is a better option without question, but the point is, how many such contracts are available these days especially with IR35 looming ? The market might pick up next year but by the time it picks up, it will be the IR35 time again where the companies fear HMRC banging on their doors and point blank include everyone inside.

The main strategy currently would be to get into a top consultancy in a senior role and ride the next few years and see where it takes up all. Most companies are using consultancies now instead of Ltd company contractors.

Either way, its a difficult call and we could have done without a pandemic at the same time decimating any remaining options.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      I am awaiting confirmation of permanent role offer, which should come today, atbw...

Sticking point has been salary which we are now agreeing -I had been aiming for £80k basic + blue chip package in a good working environment (I know previous colleagues there) vs £600 / day outside IR35.

Sounds about right currently?
      I went from £640/day to £50k + car + fuel + bupa + bonus back in 2000. It was fine.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I went from £640/day to £50k + car + fuel + bupa + bonus back in 2000. It was fine.
        Was the bonus another £50K?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Was the bonus another £50K?

IIRC about 10K. Of course, back then, the cost of living wasn't so high, and the pound had some strength.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            600 pd x 220 days = 132,000. Is 76% retention still possible? I haven't lived in the UK since before divi tax came in, so I've lost track.

Assuming 80k has some pension contribution on top, it's not as much of a drop as you make out, although it is a drop. Not a bad move financially given the market.
            what he said

Comment

Working...
            X