Another Local Lockdown Another Local Lockdown - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
    London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

    Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  2. #12

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
    London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

    Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!
    Which Hindu temple?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,441

    Default

    Hindu weddings can be huge but I thought they usually take over a hotel or some such as temples aren't really big enough to accommodate. And they can take a few days so that could be disruptive to day to day temple business.

    No direct experience, just what I've seen and read over the years.

  4. #14

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    All of this was an absolute certainty the minute the pubs re-opened. It was only a matter of time.
    The timing suggests it has more to do with schools and universities re-opening. Pubs have been open since July, and there's a spike now, about 3 weeks after the schools went back. Coincidence...?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Which Hindu temple?
    There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

    EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  6. #16

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

    EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.
    The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

    In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #17

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

    In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.
    Strangely, some wine bars and pubs are still closed. Some have taken social distancing seriously, others seem to to care. I just keep out the way as the risk is too high as I will be travelling shortly.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    Covid-19 restrictions: 'Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15'

    The new 15-guest limit would be "out of the question" for South Asian weddings, according to an events manager who has lost all his bookings since March.

    Covid-19 restrictions: '''Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15''' - BBC News

    BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests

    BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests | World news | The Guardian
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •