• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Local Lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
    London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
      London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!
      Which Hindu temple?

Comment

Hindu weddings can be huge but I thought they usually take over a hotel or some such as temples aren't really big enough to accommodate. And they can take a few days so that could be disruptive to day to day temple business.

No direct experience, just what I've seen and read over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          All of this was an absolute certainty the minute the pubs re-opened. It was only a matter of time.
          The timing suggests it has more to do with schools and universities re-opening. Pubs have been open since July, and there's a spike now, about 3 weeks after the schools went back. Coincidence...?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Which Hindu temple?
            There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.
              The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.
                Strangely, some wine bars and pubs are still closed. Some have taken social distancing seriously, others seem to to care. I just keep out the way as the risk is too high as I will be travelling shortly.

Comment

Covid-19 restrictions: 'Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15'

The new 15-guest limit would be "out of the question" for South Asian weddings, according to an events manager who has lost all his bookings since March.

Covid-19 restrictions: '''Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15''' - BBC News

BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests

BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
                  X