• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imploded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the job, if it doesn’t work out you can always go back to contracting if you so desire. That’s the joy of having an open mind, you can change it.

As for the name of the forum, it could easily be argued that anyone who is not currently contracting isn’t really a contractor.
    Sitting on the bench? Not a contractor.
    Retired? Not a contractor.
    Being at the same client for multiple years? Not a contractor.
    Only prepared to work within 1 hour from home? Not a contractor.
    Main source of income not coming from contracting? Not a contractor.
    Unaware of the variation in rates based on location, requirements, ability and experience? Not a contractor.

I could go on (and I frequently do) but contracting is a state of mind, I’ve met contractors who have taken permanent roles and do a great job by bringing the contractor mentality to the role - do your best on this role, look out for the next one, go for things that interest you, make sure you get paid more each year and never p$$ off the people who sign your timesheets.

Good luck NAT!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Just the banana.

We are always happy to celebrate successes and have no real desire to know whether it's shelf stacking for minimum wage or working 7 hours a year for a billion pounds.
        This
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Congratulations, been looking at something like this too. Make the best of it which I'm sure you will
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X