• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imploded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Maybe someone can teach me the etiquette on this forum

When someone says they got a new job isn’t the first question Rate how hard was it to find did recruitment agency’s mess you about how long were you looking for etc

Or is it just throw them a banana and that’s the end of
    It.
    Just the banana.

We are always happy to celebrate successes and have no real desire to know whether it's shelf stacking for minimum wage or working 7 hours a year for a billion pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Jesus wept, please FOAD
        FTFY.

Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates

Congrats.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2020, 17:09.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com
          Well done. Hand in your mod badge on they way out.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Congrats. What industry is this in
            IT consultancy
            and is this in Uk
            No.

How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench
            I wasn't on the bench. I just called 'em up and said how about a permie job? First offer a bit low, so I pushed back and they offered me 10% more.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can someone ban this LPM1 idiot. Tedious twat is spoiling even the normal threads. Just blatent trolling.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Can someone ban this LPM1 idiot. Tedious twat is spoiling even the normal threads. Just blatent trolling.
                Sure. No problem.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  He's in Swissland, he failed at being a contractor so he's gone perm, he's currently tied in first place for the title of CUKs worst mod (tied with all the other mods) but despite all that he's a damn fine fella in the flesh. That's all you need to know.
                  When NLUK starts saying he likes the flesh - > Run! either that or buy shares in lube firms.

Seriously NAT glad to see you are following in my footsteps admittedly 17 years later, enjoy the 360 reviews (and expense account)

,,,,, MORE!!!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Congrats. What industry is this in and is this in Uk

Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench
                    We all know this, so it’s not worth repeating, is it?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well done. By far the sensible option to have peace of mind until retirement.

REally chuffed for ya NAT.

Comment

Working...
                      X