• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imploded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imploded

Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Congragts

but.. erm..Do we have any Mods who are actually contractors now then?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Congragts
      but.. erm..Do we have any Mods who are actually contractors now then?
      Well, I've contracted for the last 15 years. Before then 5 years working management and 5 years before then contracting. I've had multiple concurrent clients, made money from a %age of product sales (which paid off my mortgage and then some). So I'm an ex-contractor. Not a permie.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com
        Congrats. What industry is this in and is this in Uk

Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench

Comment

...and what shoe size are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post

Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

Jesus wept, bore the **** off

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              +1 - I really wish the mods would put him out of his misery and ban the tax dodgying tidious ous tweep.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post

He's in Swissland, he failed at being a contractor so he's gone perm, he's currently tied in first place for the title of CUKs worst mod (tied with all the other mods) but despite all that he's a damn fine fella in the flesh. That's all you need to know.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Maybe someone can teach me the etiquette on this forum

When someone says they got a new job isn’t the first question Rate how hard was it to find did recruitment agency’s mess you about how long were you looking for etc

Or is it just throw them a banana and that’s the end of
                  It.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    He's in Swissland, he failed at being a contractor so he's gone perm, he's currently tied in first place for the title of CUKs worst mod (tied with all the other mods) but despite all that he's a damn fine fella in the flesh. That's all you need to know.
                    He brought chocolate to the last Xmas bash so is in my good books.

Comment

Working...
                    X