Imploded Imploded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Imploded

  1. #1

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,513

    Default Imploded

    Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

    Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

    Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,259

    Default

    Congragts







    but.. erm..Do we have any Mods who are actually contractors now then?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Congragts
    but.. erm..Do we have any Mods who are actually contractors now then?
    Well, I've contracted for the last 15 years. Before then 5 years working management and 5 years before then contracting. I've had multiple concurrent clients, made money from a %age of product sales (which paid off my mortgage and then some). So I'm an ex-contractor. Not a permie.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  4. #4

    Banned

    LondonPM1 doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just been offered a rather nice permie position... and with work at reasonable rates disappearing fast, I've accepted it. It's a consultancy, and I've known the directors personally for years. I'm bringing with me 40 days of consultancy, as my last client still wants me for some projects, but not enough days to make it worthwhile for me.

    Working largely from home, very flexible working hours, interesting and challenging work. So, not boomed as such, but it's a good rate of pay and should take me to retirement.

    Soon this place will have to renamed ex-contractorsuk.com
    Congrats. What industry is this in and is this in Uk

    Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

    How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    ...and what shoe size are you?

  6. #6

    Super poster

    vwdan - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Congrats. What industry is this in and is this in Uk

    Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

    How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench
    Jesus wept, bore the **** off

  7. #7

    bored now

    eek is always on top

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Jesus wept, bore the **** off
    +1 - I really wish the mods would put him out of his misery and ban the tax dodgying tidious ous tweep.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Congrats. What industry is this in and is this in Uk

    Did you have no contractor options at all or were the rates really bad so perm was worth it

    How long were you looking seriously for and we’re you on bench
    He's in Swissland, he failed at being a contractor so he's gone perm, he's currently tied in first place for the title of CUKs worst mod (tied with all the other mods) but despite all that he's a damn fine fella in the flesh. That's all you need to know.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    Banned

    LondonPM1 doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Jesus wept, bore the **** off
    Maybe someone can teach me the etiquette on this forum

    When someone says they got a new job isn’t the first question Rate how hard was it to find did recruitment agency’s mess you about how long were you looking for etc

    Or is it just throw them a banana and that’s the end of
    It.

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    He's in Swissland, he failed at being a contractor so he's gone perm, he's currently tied in first place for the title of CUKs worst mod (tied with all the other mods) but despite all that he's a damn fine fella in the flesh. That's all you need to know.
    He brought chocolate to the last Xmas bash so is in my good books.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •