LondonPM1's very own pollution thread LondonPM1's very own pollution thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 72
  1. #51

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Thank you for helping to answer the much debated question on here which I really wanted to start up before my thread got hijacked

    600 per day in my view is FAR better than 80K perm take home once you take into account the CONTRACTOR benefits like VAT gain expenses director salaries dividends etc - Many people on here twist and turn and say thats not true and talk endlessly about the perm benefits like a days training a year!!!
    Now are you going to **** off like you keep promising to, or are you going to continue to pollute this forum with your whiny drivel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #52

    bored now

    eek is always on top

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpm1 View Post
    good business strategy

    no leverage and charity rents for friends - it works for you im happy - i'm more a sad, lonely, Posting on a forum because i can't take a hint
    ftfyhihbidi
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #53

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Good business strategy

    No leverage and charity rents for friends - It works for you Im happy - I m more business minded and greedy
    Nothing to do with business strategy or charity, everything to do with being part of society, being civil, being human.

    I've no desire to be the richest man in the graveyard, nor having to live my life like Walter Mitty.

    I've also no desire to have everything on borrowed money, interest only payments, hoping that rates stay at 0.1% for the next 10 years and that occupancy is above 80% to cover costs.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  4. #54

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Nothing to do with business strategy or charity, everything to do with being part of society, being civil, being human.

    I've no desire to be the richest man in the graveyard, nor having to live my life like Walter Mitty.

    I've also no desire to have everything on borrowed money, interest only payments, hoping that rates stay at 0.1% for the next 10 years and that occupancy is above 80% to cover costs.
    Tax evaders don't see life that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #55

    Banned

    LondonPM1 doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Tax evaders don't see life that way.
    Old people like old Greg don’t take risks in life

    Each to their own

  6. #56

    bored now

    eek is always on top

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Old people like old Greg don’t take risks in life

    Each to their own
    I take risk with business and opportunities - Old Greg does as well.

    What we don't do is do anything that draws HMRC's attention to us - as that will never work out well for you.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  7. #57

    Banned

    LondonPM1 doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    600£ per day is a better option without question, but the point is, how many such contracts are available these days especially with IR35 looming ? The market might pick up next year but by the time it picks up, it will be the IR35 time again where the companies fear HMRC banging on their doors and point blank include everyone inside.

    The main strategy currently would be to get into a top consultancy in a senior role and ride the next few years and see where it takes up all. Most companies are using consultancies now instead of Ltd company contractors.

    Either way, its a difficult call and we could have done without a pandemic at the same time decimating any remaining options.
    fullyautomatix - Thanks for input - very useful

    Can I ask you for your view please on when 600 per day equals a perm role? What is the perm salary that would sway you from 600 a day

  8. #58

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix is NOT a disguised employee

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    fullyautomatix - Thanks for input - very useful

    Can I ask you for your view please on when 600 per day equals a perm role? What is the perm salary that would sway you from 600 a day
    I think for 600£ per day the ballpark permie role would be 110 - 120k. But you would only get it in a proper senior role and such roles are not usually in the open market, they are filled by mates.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

  9. #59

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Old people like old Greg don’t take risks in life

    Each to their own
    Irregular verb:

    I take risks
    You evade taxes
    He is doing a two stretch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  10. #60

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    I take risk with business and opportunities - Old Greg does as well.

    What we don't do is do anything that draws HMRC's attention to us - as that will never work out well for you.
    Also, my company doesn't break the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •