• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LondonPM1's very own pollution thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    Thank you for helping to answer the much debated question on here which I really wanted to start up before my thread got hijacked

600 per day in my view is FAR better than 80K perm take home once you take into account the CONTRACTOR benefits like VAT gain expenses director salaries dividends etc - Many people on here twist and turn and say thats not true and talk endlessly about the perm benefits like a days training a year!!!
    Now are you going to **** off like you keep promising to, or are you going to continue to pollute this forum with your whiny drivel?

Comment

Originally posted by londonpm1 View Post
      good business strategy

no leverage and charity rents for friends - it works for you im happy - i'm more a sad, lonely, Posting on a forum because i can't take a hint
      ftfyhihbidi
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Good business strategy

No leverage and charity rents for friends - It works for you Im happy - I m more business minded and greedy
        Nothing to do with business strategy or charity, everything to do with being part of society, being civil, being human.

I've no desire to be the richest man in the graveyard, nor having to live my life like Walter Mitty.

I've also no desire to have everything on borrowed money, interest only payments, hoping that rates stay at 0.1% for the next 10 years and that occupancy is above 80% to cover costs.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Nothing to do with business strategy or charity, everything to do with being part of society, being civil, being human.

I've no desire to be the richest man in the graveyard, nor having to live my life like Walter Mitty.

I've also no desire to have everything on borrowed money, interest only payments, hoping that rates stay at 0.1% for the next 10 years and that occupancy is above 80% to cover costs.
          Tax evaders don't see life that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Tax evaders don't see life that way.
            Old people like old Greg don’t take risks in life

Each to their own

Comment

Each to their own
              I take risk with business and opportunities - Old Greg does as well.

What we don't do is do anything that draws HMRC's attention to us - as that will never work out well for you.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                600£ per day is a better option without question, but the point is, how many such contracts are available these days especially with IR35 looming ? The market might pick up next year but by the time it picks up, it will be the IR35 time again where the companies fear HMRC banging on their doors and point blank include everyone inside.

The main strategy currently would be to get into a top consultancy in a senior role and ride the next few years and see where it takes up all. Most companies are using consultancies now instead of Ltd company contractors.

Either way, its a difficult call and we could have done without a pandemic at the same time decimating any remaining options.
                fullyautomatix - Thanks for input - very useful

Can I ask you for your view please on when 600 per day equals a perm role? What is the perm salary that would sway you from 600 a day

Comment

fullyautomatix - Thanks for input - very useful

Can I ask you for your view please on when 600 per day equals a perm role? What is the perm salary that would sway you from 600 a day
                  I think for 600£ per day the ballpark permie role would be 110 - 120k. But you would only get it in a proper senior role and such roles are not usually in the open market, they are filled by mates.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Each to their own
                    Irregular verb:

I take risks
                    You evade taxes
                    He is doing a two stretch

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I take risk with business and opportunities - Old Greg does as well.

What we don't do is do anything that draws HMRC's attention to us - as that will never work out well for you.
                      Also, my company doesn't break the law.

Comment

Working...
                      X