• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LondonPM1's very own pollution thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LondonPM1's very own pollution thread

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am awaiting confirmation of permanent role offer, which should come today, atbw...

Sticking point has been salary which we are now agreeing -I had been aiming for £80k basic + blue chip package in a good working environment (I know previous colleagues there) vs £600 / day outside IR35.

Sounds about right currently?
    i posted about this previously - People were saying 60 - 80 in london is the right figure and 100 is the absolute max so that sounds right ball park

when you talk about package what do you means - 3% pension 20 days holiday and a small 5% bonus ??

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    600 pd x 220 days = 132,000. Is 76% retention still possible? I haven't lived in the UK since before divi tax came in, so I've lost track.

Assuming 80k has some pension contribution on top, it's not as much of a drop as you make out, although it is a drop. Not a bad move financially given the market.
    84% retention is possible if you max out expenses and draw salary and wife also on payroll and you make a few % from VAT

And it is possible to work 252 days in a year - Sometimes even more if weekends are possible

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
      84% retention is possible if you max out expenses and draw salary and wife also on payroll and you make a few % from VAT

And it is possible to work 252 days in a year - Sometimes even more if weekends are possible
      How do you make a few % on VAT - you can only do that by using an inappropriate flat rate percentage?

Thanks for adding another flag on the tax evading checklist.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        How do you make a few % on VAT - you can only do that by using an inappropriate flat rate percentage?

Thanks for adding another flag on the tax evading checklist.
        Its been a while but flat rate VAT was always worth a few % so its been included - Keep gunning for tax evasion .... Youll get there with someone soon enough for signing a form in pencil rather than ink

Comment

Its been a while but flat rate VAT was always worth a few % so its been included - Keep gunning for tax evasion .... Youll get there with someone soon enough for signing a form in pencil rather than ink
          Once upon a time but not since April 2017 - which was 3 years ago so anyone who has claimed they can make money from VAT has been cheating or just plain wrong for the past 2 years.

And this is the difference between you and me. As with all s you post without doing any research. I'm actually surprised you didn't join a tax avoidance scheme but I suspect you weren't around when they first appeared.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Except, if you work more than 250 days per year at £600 per day, you'd not be able to claim flat rate VAT
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But that's not what the OP said he was doing. It's just a pile of assumptions you've made, and you've incorrectly confused expenses with income.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Except, if you work more than 250 days per year at £600 per day, you'd not be able to claim flat rate VAT
                Don't confuse him with facts. It's not kind.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Thats only if you could forsee you would exceed that threshold - Could be argued you did not expect to work 252 days and therefore stated under 150K income and threfre registered for flat rate vat

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Once upon a time but not since April 2017 - which was 3 years ago so anyone who has claimed they can make money from VAT has been cheating or just plain wrong for the past 2 years.

And this is the difference between you and me. As with all s you post without doing any research. I'm actually surprised you didn't join a tax avoidance scheme but I suspect you weren't around when they first appeared.
                    You mean the loan fiddle or the turkish lira fx fiddle

Thankfully not around for both but I wouldnt have done it -

Still get called to today on tax barristers opinion letters who can save stamp duty

Comment

Working...
                    X