LondonPM1's very own pollution thread LondonPM1's very own pollution thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 72

Banned

LondonPM1 doesn't make much sense

Default LondonPM1's very own pollution thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am awaiting confirmation of permanent role offer, which should come today, atbw...

Sticking point has been salary which we are now agreeing -I had been aiming for £80k basic + blue chip package in a good working environment (I know previous colleagues there) vs £600 / day outside IR35.

Sounds about right currently?
    i posted about this previously - People were saying 60 - 80 in london is the right figure and 100 is the absolute max so that sounds right ball park

when you talk about package what do you means - 3% pension 20 days holiday and a small 5% bonus ??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    600 pd x 220 days = 132,000. Is 76% retention still possible? I haven't lived in the UK since before divi tax came in, so I've lost track.

Assuming 80k has some pension contribution on top, it's not as much of a drop as you make out, although it is a drop. Not a bad move financially given the market.
    84% retention is possible if you max out expenses and draw salary and wife also on payroll and you make a few % from VAT

And it is possible to work 252 days in a year - Sometimes even more if weekends are possible

bored now

eek is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    84% retention is possible if you max out expenses and draw salary and wife also on payroll and you make a few % from VAT

And it is possible to work 252 days in a year - Sometimes even more if weekends are possible
    How do you make a few % on VAT - you can only do that by using an inappropriate flat rate percentage?

Thanks for adding another flag on the tax evading checklist.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    How do you make a few % on VAT - you can only do that by using an inappropriate flat rate percentage?

Thanks for adding another flag on the tax evading checklist.
    Its been a while but flat rate VAT was always worth a few % so its been included - Keep gunning for tax evasion .... Youll get there with someone soon enough for signing a form in pencil rather than ink

bored now

eek is always on top

Its been a while but flat rate VAT was always worth a few % so its been included - Keep gunning for tax evasion .... Youll get there with someone soon enough for signing a form in pencil rather than ink
    Once upon a time but not since April 2017 - which was 3 years ago so anyone who has claimed they can make money from VAT has been cheating or just plain wrong for the past 2 years.

And this is the difference between you and me. As with all s you post without doing any research. I'm actually surprised you didn't join a tax avoidance scheme but I suspect you weren't around when they first appeared.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

Except, if you work more than 250 days per year at £600 per day, you'd not be able to claim flat rate VAT
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

But that's not what the OP said he was doing. It's just a pile of assumptions you've made, and you've incorrectly confused expenses with income.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Except, if you work more than 250 days per year at £600 per day, you'd not be able to claim flat rate VAT
    Don't confuse him with facts. It's not kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Thats only if you could forsee you would exceed that threshold - Could be argued you did not expect to work 252 days and therefore stated under 150K income and threfre registered for flat rate vat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Once upon a time but not since April 2017 - which was 3 years ago so anyone who has claimed they can make money from VAT has been cheating or just plain wrong for the past 2 years.

And this is the difference between you and me. As with all s you post without doing any research. I'm actually surprised you didn't join a tax avoidance scheme but I suspect you weren't around when they first appeared.
    You mean the loan fiddle or the turkish lira fx fiddle

Thankfully not around for both but I wouldnt have done it -

Still get called to today on tax barristers opinion letters who can save stamp duty