• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract dilemma.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You say it’s the same money but haven’t factored in travel costs, regardless of how the contract sits. Hint: it’s not the same money.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      You say it’s the same money but haven’t factored in travel costs, regardless of how the contract sits. Hint: it’s not the same money.
      the OP said 'same rate' not 'same money'.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        the OP said 'same rate' not 'same money'.
        What were you expecting the payment in, thermos flasks?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What were you expecting the payment in, thermos flasks?
          It's point of semantics, true, but IMO the rate is what is paid to your LtdCo and the money is what is made from the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            It's point of semantics, true, but IMO the rate is what is paid to your LtdCo and the money is what is made from the gig.
            Okay if that is what BR14 is getting at. Money for me, when you’re thinking as a limited company director, is the bottom line profit for that gig, i.e. its revenue less its costs.

How profitable is that contract to the limited company compared to the other one on offer? If the revenue is the same and so is the duration, then it is the one with the lowest costs.

Comment

Okay if that is what BR14 is getting at. Money for me, when you’re thinking as a limited company director, is the bottom line profit for that gig, i.e. its revenue less its costs.

How profitable is that contract to the limited company compared to the other one on offer? If the revenue is the same and so is the duration, then it is the one with the lowest costs.
              Well given one has travel costs and the others 100% from home, as both pay the same daily rate the WFH contract generates a high gross profit compared to the one that has travel costs.

Downside is that the WFH sounds boring as hell but I don't think it matters as the other contract is just more interesting rather than a new skillset.

I would take the WFH contract.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

like i said already:
                same rate.
                don't commute.
                simple.

Comment

I thought OP was the older generation so choices are

Better looking contract on paper and possible death by Covid by visiting office every day

Or stay at home

No brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X