• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    True, but once identified there should be an immediate ban of new account. If a person is permabanned, then surely that ban should continue irrespective of the name they post under? If not, then why ban someone in the first place?
    What about forgiveness and repentness. Some people might have changed and others might not have the wisdom of some of our courageous leaders like old Greg and other celebrities.

But with patience fortitude perseverance and mentor ship from the established fearless posters here these young buds will flourish into able younger versions of themselves

Alternatively people might just have different view points and with companies stressing diversity in gender race and other areas we might also respect different view points

Comment

oh, JFO!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
        What about forgiveness and repentness. Some people might have changed and others might not have the wisdom of some of our courageous leaders like old Greg and other celebrities.

But with patience fortitude perseverance and mentor ship from the established fearless posters here these young buds will flourish into able younger versions of themselves

Alternatively people might just have different view points and with companies stressing diversity in gender race and other areas we might also respect different view points
        WBR14S
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you find something boring, annoying or you think someone is trolling, why not just ignore it? Don't engage. If I got involved in responding to everything I didn't agree with or everything I found annoying on the internet, it'd be a full time job.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            If you find something boring, annoying or you think someone is trolling, why not just ignore it? Don't engage. If I got involved in responding to everything I didn't agree with or everything I found annoying on the internet, it'd be a full time job.
            Inside or outside IR35

You are right and for most they are ignored, but when we start to lose decent posters because of the trolls and sockies then surely that is not good for CUK?

Debate and heated but controlled arguments is fine, but some of these trolls are here ONLY to argue and have nothing of value to add. If this is also a user that has already been banned then surely a ban is a ban?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Churchy is still an antisemite. Hard to respect that.

Comment

Inside or outside IR35

You are right and for most they are ignored, but when we start to lose decent posters because of the trolls and sockies then surely that is not good for CUK?

Debate and heated but controlled arguments is fine, but some of these trolls are here ONLY to argue and have nothing of value to add. If this is also a user that has already been banned then surely a ban is a ban?
                I think you will find most people here are genuine and decent and here because they are / want to be / or were contractors.

Its your wild imagination and excitement that everyone is Atw in disguise - I m afraid to tell you thats not true and your fantasy should be put at rest

Comment

Some people have been allowed back because they begged admin, and promised to behave.

Sockie banning is somewhat more problematical. Banning someone for a day, or even for months, is rather easier. It tends to be reasonably clear that these posters are who they say they are. And if we screw up (I know, hard to imagine), it's easy to reverse. A permaban of someone who is relatively new is not simple to reverse if a mistake is made. And while it's easy for a member to demand that someone they suspect of being a sockie be permabanned, it's not quite as easy when you're responsible for making the decision.

There have been cases where "everyone" knew an account as a sockie, but we did receive evidence from them of their genuineness.

Anyway, sockie accounts have never been disallowed. Only if they cause irritation (to the mods, mainly) or egregious trouble. Some people are rather more delicate little flowers than others...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think you will find most people here are genuine and decent and here because they are / want to be / or were contractors.
                    And yet you're constantly harping on about CUK being full of anti-contractors ......

Its your wild imagination and excitement that everyone is Atw in disguise - I m afraid to tell you thats not true and your fantasy should be put at rest
                    You're doing well at being wrong today - I've never accused anyone of being ATW, in disguise or otherwise.

Feel free to come up with some more crap, should you so desire
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

And yet you're constantly harping on about CUK being full of anti-contractors ......

You're doing well at being wrong today - I've never accused anyone of being ATW, in disguise or otherwise.

Feel free to come up with some more crap, should you so desire
                      My explanation is as follows - Not anti contractors just mean ones
                      I think the old folk dont want the young ones to take their jobs! Its a bit of a old boys club like cambridge or eaton is. So there is always this pretence that they are far superior

Dont worry though - Time usually fixes that
                      You have stated many times that people are sockies which is just a euphemism for someone else in disguise.

Comment

Working...
                      X