• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best band of all time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Seen them 5 times.

First time Wembley '82 with the J Geils Band. What a day that was - topless gurls everywhere and spliffs going round like nobody's business.

Last saw them Stockholm 2017. What a contrast that was. Swedes aren't exactly the most excitable of people and that together with the fact the average age was probably 60+ suggests that Mick was being tongue in cheek when he addressed the crowd after JJ Flash as "you crazy motherfųckers!"

Comment

FOG.

Comment

Bestest band ever ever ever!!!!

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Never been a fan but for me it has to be the Rolling Stones.

Gimme Shelter
          Sympathy For The Devil

fecking brilliant.

------

Personally, for me, there can only be one. The Damned. New Rose - best single of all time. (You had to be there.)
          Best band HAS to be this one.... No competition........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5aiVk4265g

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Am still listening to Kula Shaker after all those years.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Scooterscot, just listened to Govinda. Impressive!!
              “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Seen 'em twice, second time at Wembley but was asleep as the support, Shania Twain, was so boring although the trip there was very interesting which I'll save for another time. Parents took me to the Hyde Park concert but decided to leave me at a friends house in Bayswater Raod so I only heard it...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
                  Best band HAS to be this one.... No competition........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5aiVk4265g

Actually for me it's this band..............

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4s1KVJaVA

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I though they were rubbish. The worst of a whole slew of identikit "Brit Pop" bands that took over the airwaves back then.

Some of us were quite happy listening to Carter USM and Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

Comment

FOG

Comment

Working...
                      X