• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best band of all time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
    Scooterscot, just listened to Govinda. Impressive!!
    Their songs touch everyone. I saw them once at T-in the Park and another at a gig in Glasgow - they were awesome.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
      I though they were rubbish. The worst of a whole slew of identikit "Brit Pop" bands that took over the airwaves back then.

Some of us were quite happy listening to Carter USM and Ned's Atomic Dustbin.
      I appreciate good musicians - people that can actually play an instrument. Learnt to play the Organ while I was younger around the same time I first heard them. I was hooked.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Their songs touch everyone. I saw them once at T-in the Park and another at a gig in Glasgow - they were awesome.
        Certainly their songs touched me.

Always had me reaching for the off button

Though, not quite as execrable as Ocean Colour Scene or Kosheen, I'll hive you that.

Also, lead singer was the son of Hayley Mills I do believe.

That's rock n roll for you :
        Last edited by Rearden Metal; 21 September 2020, 14:22.

Comment

12 minute version is best..

Turn it up n chill the lights right out..

Comment

Middle Of The Road, really great hard rock

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Middle Of The Road, really great hard rock

One of the first songs I remember. That and Thankyou Very Much for the Entry Iron

Comment

I've still got the first Kula Shaker album on CD and saw them live in their early days but I don't think there's any feasible scenario where 'best band of all time' and Kula Shaker can possibly be in the same sentence.

Comment

Never really liked the Rolling Stones but loved Doom & Gloom when it came out the other year

Comment

Rush

Comment

I believe Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have also made some music.

Comment

Working...
                      X