• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best band of all time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
    Bollocks. Bridges to Babylon is 2 sides of pure classics. Would have been at least 2 top 10 hits on it had it not been for the Bannisterisation of Radio 1.
    FOG.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      He was a jazz drummer in the 60s. Try it sometime, it's f***ing hard, compared to 4/4 rock.
      Not for me.

Comment

I watched some Queen concert last year on the TV, Brian May was charging about like a total fanny with these god awful never-ending guitar solos. I assumed he was on some cocaine binge where he though they sounded good. I quite liked Mercury, thought he was talented, but when he got to the stadium gig days of queen he too ended up looking like a fanny with the top off and crowns and tulip. Shame.

Comment

Anyone would think this is the OGWT thread...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hawkwind with Stacia.

Hawkwind - Silver Machine - YouTube

Hawkwind NY Academy of Music Nov 25,1973 Silver Machine YouTube - YouTube
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2020, 12:30.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Used to know a guy called Thor whose Dad was in Hawkwind. Turned out it was short for Denethor. We reckoned that it was the best available LotR character name after the other band members had picked off the good names.

Comment

That is dreadful

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  No I don't think so either. However I ask myself who it is I still listen to today, they come up more often than not. So for me that qualifies them, a band that stands the test of time that I continue to listen to.

Queen, hands down - their music amazing, but only listen to now and again.

When an audience rocks to a band without even being there = legend status

Their Live Aid set in 1985 was incredible. I saw them at the famed Knebworth gig the next year and it didn't quite hit the heights for me. Probably because there were a bazillion fans and it felt like I was a mile from the stage. However, I've only ever seen two singers live with more charisma than Freddie Mercury. One was James Brown and the other was Dave Lee Roth (solo, not in Van Halen.) A bit like the Bo Rap video above, he came on stage and after one minute received a two minute standing ovation. I've seen many hundreds of live acts but nothing else like that.

Comment

S.A.H.B.
                    'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Not for me.
                      Bangin' on the bongoes like a chimpanzee?

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X