• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best band of all time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best band of all time

Never been a fan but for me it has to be the Rolling Stones.

Gimme Shelter
    Sympathy For The Devil

fecking brilliant.

------

Personally, for me, there can only be one. The Damned. New Rose - best single of all time. (You had to be there.)
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

"Paint it black".

"Satisfaction".

Classics, man, classics.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

+1 for Paint it Black. Always seems to cheer me up.

Comment

Exile on Main Street

Recorded in "haze" in Villefranche sur Mer...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

There is "the curious life and death of a rolling stone" on Smithsonian these days. 11 tonight, channel 57.

Comment

Some great tunes. Some of the best ones above. Also, Street Fighting Man, Start Me Up, Angie, You Can't Always Get What You Want. Etc.

But they pumped out an inordinate amount of crap too.

Comment

I think at any given time the entertainment industry supports bands beyond their ability for commercial reasons and they were that band for a while.

Watts can't play the drums, he has no ability to even play basic drum tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I think at any given time the entertainment industry supports bands beyond their ability for commercial reasons and they were that band for a while.

Watts can't play the drums, he has no ability to even play basic drum tulip.
                He was a jazz drummer in the 60s. Try it sometime, it's f***ing hard, compared to 4/4 rock.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  But they pumped out an inordinate amount of crap too.
                  Given their longevity that was a certainty, perhaps you can thank Yoko for the Beatles not pumping out an inordinate amount of crap
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Given their longevity that was a certainty, perhaps you can thank Yoko for the Beatles not pumping out an inordinate amount of crap
                    Sure, they went on far too long - off the top of my head, I can't recall anything after Tattoo You - but it's more than that. Even their best albums have a lot of weak tracks. Exile on Main St. being a notable exception.

Comment

Working...
                    X