• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true. But it still remains true that

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ...it's quite rare to have two virus infections simultaneously. E.g. 'flu and a cold caused by a rhinovirus.
    So very bad luck if you do get both.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I know that's why I've booked a flu jab like thousands of others.
      where did you book it. Boots and NHS are not giving jab to anyone under 65 according to the media

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        where did you book it. Boots and NHS are not giving jab to anyone under 65 according to the media
        With Boots, but I booked it a few weeks before that.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Mine is for next week at Boots. I booked it at the beginning of September.

Boots should be giving them to others under 65 in mid-October however try Lloyds and Tesco pharmacies to see if they have any vaccine.

GP. local and Asda pharmacies are apparently only giving shots to over 65s.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 22 September 2020, 11:57.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Never had a flu jab, ever, however I would probably have a manflu jab if there was ever one
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Maybe some STDs will counter it. More fun than Dengue anyway.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Boots should be giving them to others under 65 in mid-October however try Lloyds and Tesco pharmacies to see if they have any vaccine.

GPs also giving jabs to 50-64 age group if in vulnerable groups (e.g. Asthma etc)
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

do you know if there are any side effects of flu vaccine ?

Comment

do you know if there are any side effects of flu vaccine ?
                    Flu vaccine - NHS

Flu vaccine side effects

Flu vaccines are very safe. Most side effects are mild and only last for a day or so, such as:

slightly raised temperature

muscle aches

sore arm where the needle went in – this is more likely to happen with the vaccine for people aged 65 and over
                    You can't catch flu from the vaccine. If you're going to have an allergic reaction, it'll happen within a minute or two of having the jab so always best to sit in the waiting area for 5 minutes if you think you may be susceptible.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Maybe some STDs will counter it. More fun than Dengue anyway.
                      More fun getting them, yes. Living with them, maybe not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X