• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid

Dengue fever may provide some immunity against Covid-19, study suggests | London Evening Standard

People who have suffered from dengue fever may have a degree of immunity against coronavirus, a new study suggests.

Scientists analysing the pandemic in Brazil found a link between the spread of Covid-19 and exposure to the mosquito-transmitted illness.

[Mmm - no thanks]
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Probably if you've had Ebola, Smallpox and Rabies you are immune too.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Dengue fever may provide some immunity against Covid-19, study suggests | London Evening Standard

People who have suffered from dengue fever may have a degree of immunity against coronavirus, a new study suggests.

Scientists analysing the pandemic in Brazil found a link between the spread of Covid-19 and exposure to the mosquito-transmitted illness.

[Mmm - no thanks]
      Not looked at the numbers, but does this mean countries that have a prevalence of dengue have lower rates of CV19 compared to northern countries?

Thanks for sharing - will have a look at this later.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Probably if you've had Ebola, Smallpox and Rabies you are immune too.
        Probably because you’re dead.

Comment

It's certainly the case that it's quite rare to have two virus infections simultaneously. E.g. 'flu and a cold caused by a rhinovirus.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Must explain something, I've had Malaria, ATBF, suspected rabies (got the multiple injections in the stomach) and apparently a variation of Green Monkey Disease (although I find that one hard to stomach) all while living in Africa many years ago

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Not looked at the numbers, but does this mean countries that have a prevalence of dengue have lower rates of CV19 compared to northern countries?

Thanks for sharing - will have a look at this later.
              What like Brazil?

Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It's certainly the case that it's quite rare to have two virus infections simultaneously. E.g. 'flu and a cold caused by a rhinovirus.
                Flu and covid-19 together is deadly
                Flu and Covid-19 at same time significantly increases risk of death | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

Comment

I had a flu Jab last week for this very reason.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I know that's why I've booked a flu jab like thousands of others.

Comment

Working...
                    X