Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,627

    Default Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid

    Dengue fever may provide some immunity against Covid-19, study suggests | London Evening Standard

    People who have suffered from dengue fever may have a degree of immunity against coronavirus, a new study suggests.

    Scientists analysing the pandemic in Brazil found a link between the spread of Covid-19 and exposure to the mosquito-transmitted illness.



    [Mmm - no thanks]
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    _V_ is NOT a disguised employee

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,791

    Smile

    Probably if you've had Ebola, Smallpox and Rabies you are immune too.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Dengue fever may provide some immunity against Covid-19, study suggests | London Evening Standard

    People who have suffered from dengue fever may have a degree of immunity against coronavirus, a new study suggests.

    Scientists analysing the pandemic in Brazil found a link between the spread of Covid-19 and exposure to the mosquito-transmitted illness.

    [Mmm - no thanks]
    Not looked at the numbers, but does this mean countries that have a prevalence of dengue have lower rates of CV19 compared to northern countries?

    Thanks for sharing - will have a look at this later.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  4. #4

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    Probably if you've had Ebola, Smallpox and Rabies you are immune too.
    Probably because you’re dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,513

    Default

    It's certainly the case that it's quite rare to have two virus infections simultaneously. E.g. 'flu and a cold caused by a rhinovirus.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,924

    Default

    Must explain something, I've had Malaria, ATBF, suspected rabies (got the multiple injections in the stomach) and apparently a variation of Green Monkey Disease (although I find that one hard to stomach) all while living in Africa many years ago

    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Not looked at the numbers, but does this mean countries that have a prevalence of dengue have lower rates of CV19 compared to northern countries?

    Thanks for sharing - will have a look at this later.
    What like Brazil?

    Hmmm....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Andy2 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's certainly the case that it's quite rare to have two virus infections simultaneously. E.g. 'flu and a cold caused by a rhinovirus.
    Flu and covid-19 together is deadly
    Flu and Covid-19 at same time significantly increases risk of death | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    _V_ is NOT a disguised employee

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,791

    Default

    I had a flu Jab last week for this very reason.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,627

    Default

    I know that's why I've booked a flu jab like thousands of others.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •