• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's happened since you joined CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Your latest reincarnation has only been here since 2018.

What have you experienced since then?

Nagging mainly, you know how NAT is!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Yes. And anyone too much will find their posts removed.

I just find it wonderful. Some of us have been through serious personal crises. And yet... still here.
      I like to think the site has helped more than it's hurt, you get some complete tools but luckily those who turn up to IRL events are genuinely nice people, I wonder if there is a reason the tools are only tools behind a keyboad
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I like to think the site has helped more than it's hurt, you get some complete tools but luckily those who turn up to IRL events are genuinely nice people, I wonder if there is a reason the tools are only tools behind a keyboad

Winding Barmy, NAT, WTFH & AssGoo up is fun. So much pomposity, so many pins.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Apaprently I'm coming up on 13 years here, good grief. IIRC I joined CUK just as I was setting up my Ltd, having made the jump (or been pushed) into full-time working for myself. In fact I assume I came across CUK looking for advice and was told to ask my accountant.

So I suppose I've lived through the financial crisis, QE and subsequent runaway inflation.
          4 house moves from rough ex-council estate through modern town-houses to a country house.
          Still married, still no kids.
          Nearly moved to USA.
          Had LASIK.
          Nearly bought a property in Scandinavia.
          Lost grand-dad and both parents in a 3-year period (hence most recent house change situation).
          Tried to start my own company, never got the traction despite government assistance.
          Bought a holiday let which turned out to have a murderer underneath with a cellar of horrors.
          Nearly got in at ground floor on a new startup (twice).
          Bought a house for some freinds to live in.
          Bounced between the same couple of clients for 90% of my work.
          started a nursery school with my wife in our garden
          Realised I'd missed a fairly important one, and thought I'd highlight another one:

Drug crazed Marazion man murdered his partner and flushed her body down the toilet | Falmouth Packet

This was in the flat underneath the one we bought as a holiday-let.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Realised I'd missed a fairly important one, and thought I'd highlight another one:

Drug crazed Marazion man murdered his partner and flushed her body down the toilet | Falmouth Packet

You could charge extra on the right websites.

Comment

Damn.

That's a pretty unique selling point.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Damn.

That's a pretty unique selling point.
                Yes. The guy in the year above me at uni only hid the body under the floorboards.

Comment

Chap down the road from my Uni digs tried dissolving the body in acid in a lockup garage.

'Cept it wasn't a body 'cos the previous application of hammer to skull was less than effective.

Became a body shortly thereafter.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I thought it could make a great escape room but the upstairs neighbour bought it and has converted it. Everyone in the village knows so that will be interesting for sensitive holiday makers mentioning where they are staying in the pub

I do remember we talked about a nasty smell from the yard drain when buying...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Chap down the road from my Uni digs tried dissolving the body in acid in a lockup garage.

https://twitter.com/forest_fr1ends/s...291077/photo/1
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X