What's happened since you joined CUK? What's happened since you joined CUK?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 82

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Default What's happened since you joined CUK?

A recent thread saw the conversation turn to how long some have been on this site, I've just hit 10 years on CUK when I started contracting to get myself out of a hole I had gotten myself into with debt.

When i signed up my son was 6 months old, 10 years later we are in the process of applying for his place in High school, I have got married and moved house twice. I have lost a very dear family member, and had 15 contracts (as well as two very short unsuccessful attempts are permiedom). I've visited 4 countries (one with a few good denizens of this parish, I have learned to drink and love gin and bared my arse on Bishopgate.

Most importantly I've made some bloody good friends
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

bored now

eek is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    A recent thread saw the conversation turn to how long some have been on this site, I've just hit 10 years on CUK when I started contracting to get myself out of a hole I had gotten myself into with debt.

When i signed up my son was 6 months old, 10 years later we are in the process of applying for his place in High school, I have got married and moved house twice. I have lost a very dear family member, and had 15 contracts (as well as two very short unsuccessful attempts are permiedom). I've visited 4 countries (one with a few good denizens of this parish, I have learned to drink and love gin and bared my arse on Bishopgate.

Only 4 countries - I used to do that in a week at some points last year..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

2 x kids
    11 x contracts @ 5 clients
    1 x country move
    1 x short stint @ permiedom
    1 x 5 month bench period
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Only 4 countries - I used to do that in a week at some points last year..
    More to life than constantly working away, the house in Spain kinda reduces the number of countries we visit on holiday
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Joined the old forum in 1999 or 2000 under my old ID when I was in NL, next contract was in Russia. Altogether 18 countries not including the odd UK, IOM, CI and Gibraltar contract.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

bored now

eek is always on top

More to life than constantly working away, the house in Spain kinda reduces the number of countries we visit on holiday
    A lot of MS's offices are right by the airport and it was a shorter walk to get to MS Schipol than the lounge for example.

Amsterdam, Austria, Slovenia, Paris would be quite common for me
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

I was old, miserable and a bit of a when I joined.. What's changed? A lot more people know I'm old, miserable and a bit of a .. HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    A lot of MS's offices are right by the airport and it was a shorter walk to get to MS Schipol than the lounge for example.

Amsterdam, Austria, Slovenia, Paris would be quite common for me
    I could get from NL to the South of England quicker than getting from the North of England to the South.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

and bared my arse on Bishopgate.
    You don't need a fancy watch to leave a legacy for your kids.. There it is right there. He'll be proud of his dad one day.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I was old, miserable and a bit of a when I joined.. What's changed? A lot more people know I'm old, miserable and a bit of a .. HTH
    You're older and more miserable and your rates have gone down.
    Where there's muck there's brass.