• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's happened since you joined CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happened since you joined CUK?

A recent thread saw the conversation turn to how long some have been on this site, I've just hit 10 years on CUK when I started contracting to get myself out of a hole I had gotten myself into with debt.

When i signed up my son was 6 months old, 10 years later we are in the process of applying for his place in High school, I have got married and moved house twice. I have lost a very dear family member, and had 15 contracts (as well as two very short unsuccessful attempts are permiedom). I've visited 4 countries (one with a few good denizens of this parish, I have learned to drink and love gin and bared my arse on Bishopgate.

Most importantly I've made some bloody good friends
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    A recent thread saw the conversation turn to how long some have been on this site, I've just hit 10 years on CUK when I started contracting to get myself out of a hole I had gotten myself into with debt.

When i signed up my son was 6 months old, 10 years later we are in the process of applying for his place in High school, I have got married and moved house twice. I have lost a very dear family member, and had 15 contracts (as well as two very short unsuccessful attempts are permiedom). I've visited 4 countries (one with a few good denizens of this parish, I have learned to drink and love gin and bared my arse on Bishopgate.

Only 4 countries - I used to do that in a week at some points last year..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

2 x kids
      11 x contracts @ 5 clients
      1 x country move
      1 x short stint @ permiedom
      1 x 5 month bench period

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Only 4 countries - I used to do that in a week at some points last year..
        More to life than constantly working away, the house in Spain kinda reduces the number of countries we visit on holiday
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Joined the old forum in 1999 or 2000 under my old ID when I was in NL, next contract was in Russia. Altogether 18 countries not including the odd UK, IOM, CI and Gibraltar contract.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

More to life than constantly working away, the house in Spain kinda reduces the number of countries we visit on holiday
            A lot of MS's offices are right by the airport and it was a shorter walk to get to MS Schipol than the lounge for example.

Amsterdam, Austria, Slovenia, Paris would be quite common for me
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was old, miserable and a bit of a when I joined.. What's changed? A lot more people know I'm old, miserable and a bit of a .. HTH
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                A lot of MS's offices are right by the airport and it was a shorter walk to get to MS Schipol than the lounge for example.

Amsterdam, Austria, Slovenia, Paris would be quite common for me
                I could get from NL to the South of England quicker than getting from the North of England to the South.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

and bared my arse on Bishopgate.
                  You don't need a fancy watch to leave a legacy for your kids.. There it is right there. He'll be proud of his dad one day.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I was old, miserable and a bit of a when I joined.. What's changed? A lot more people know I'm old, miserable and a bit of a .. HTH
                    You're older and more miserable and your rates have gone down.

Comment

Working...
                    X