• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris's lips are moving - more restrictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Nothing is going to work. That's the point I was making. It's a biological entity that has probably been evolving for a bazillion years, if you have your hopes in some "government multi agency task force to combat the spread" working then well, don't get your hopes up.

Like Sarajevo in the 90s we just have to move on and hope the bullet doesn't get you.
    "Working" isn't a binary "Works" or "Doesn't work". There are degrees of effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Statistics say if he had a vagina he'd be managing the crisis like a pro. Yet he comes across like a right pussy with his hesitancy to act
      That's because female leaders are:
      a. Are more cautious and implement harsher measures more readily e.g. household mixing
      b. Sound like they are telling the truth
      c. Sack or tell to resign close staff members who screw up
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He didn't say that.
        No he said this - Coronavirus: Boris Johnson was shaking hands as some scientists were calling for it to stop | Politics News | Sky News

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          "Working" isn't a binary "Works" or "Doesn't work". There are degrees of effectiveness.
          Unless you are stuck in some care home or prison you can probably mitigate the risk of getting the thing by well over 90%.

We should protect the people most vulnerable and let the idiots get it an die. Why fight natural selection.

Comment

He didn't say that.
            Exact words...

I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you will be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands.

Quibble if you like.

Comment

He said he shook hands with everyone he met, he didn't say he met patients with it, and I dont think anyone there was diagnosed with it when he was there.

Comment

Quibble if you like.
                He will quibble which is why I helpful linked to Sky News Report

Though he will complain it is too left wing....

Comment

Unless you are stuck in some care home or prison you can probably mitigate the risk of getting the thing by well over 90%.

We should protect the people most vulnerable and let the idiots get it an die. Why fight natural selection.
                  But if you want to leave everyone to make their own mind up about their risk and then act accordingly, you wouldn't want to impose any restrictions on people with a positive virology result. The "idiot" can make their own decision but in this case they pose a risk to others, not themselves. The societal impact of this would be huge.

Comment

He said he shook hands with everyone he met, he didn't say he met patients with it, and I dont think anyone there was diagnosed with it when he was there.
                    See my quote above.

Comment

But if you want to leave everyone to make their own mind up about their risk and then act accordingly, you wouldn't want to impose any restrictions on people with a positive virology result. The "idiot" can make their own decision but in this case they pose a risk to others, not themselves. The societal impact of this would be huge.
                      I don't want to have societal responsibility for other people and I don't want others to have the ability to make decisions for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X