• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris's lips are moving - more restrictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't want to have societal responsibility for other people and I don't want others to have the ability to make decisions for me.
    So do you believe in decriminalising drinking and driving?

Comment

"Viruses don't kill people, people with viruses do"

Comment

"Viruses don't kill people, people with viruses do"
        No answer and no acknowledgment of what Johnson said?

Comment

Pubs are also having to change their beermats...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by JorisBohnson;
            Testing and tracing has very little or nothing to do with the spread or the transmission of the disease.
            I think he was getting a bit wound up there and dribbled a little bit of bollocks out, if you can't test people, you can't know whose contacts to trace and who should self isolate...

Anyway...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I suspect many pubs will use the Barnard Castle strategy and temporarily rename themselves as theatres, they can stay open after 10.00pm

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I suspect many pubs will use the Barnard Castle strategy and temporarily rename themselves as theatres, they can stay open after 10.00pm

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                They could get their local Tory MP to do a tragicomic monologue of government Covid / Brexit policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  No answer and no acknowledgment of what Johnson said?
                  A mogadon overdose has more appeal that one of your deep dives into politician's throw away lines.

Comment

A mogadon overdose has more appeal that one of your deep dives into politician's throw away lines.
                    You were interested enough to discuss before you realised I was right and you were wrong. Funny that.

Comment

I'm watching the UK news with disinterest. It's very weird. We've basically got the same scenarios as the UK, but we're just gradually putting a couple more restrictions in place. In a kind of "Sorry folks, but we think this is necessary" kind of way. The UK approach is - "you MORONS. Why can't you be more responsible? RIGHT. That's it. You can't be trusted. Pubs close at 10pm".

(This advert is brought to you by Switzerland. Open to UK citizens until 31st December 2020).
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X