• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property bubble begins to bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property bubble begins to bust

Aristocrat Graham Wellesley’s investors meet their Waterloo | Business | The Times

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Grabbing pseudo-aristo-twunt seduces ignorant sycophant "investors".
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

We live in a version of some form of neo-feudalism. Unless there is a massive shift in societal structure property prices won’t go anywehere.
      It is just wishful thinking...

Comment

Commercial property has been struggling for some time. Now with the push to WFH more, and hence less demand for office space, this will continue until some of these offices are allowed to be turned into places to live.

Could be an interesting few years
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Commercial property has been struggling for some time. Now with the push to WFH more, and hence less demand for office space, this will continue until some of these offices are allowed to be turned into places to live.

Could be an interesting few years
          Only problem with that is CLADDING

Doesn't matter if the office block is under 3 storeys or not - Flat owners told their homes could be unsellable for 10 years over unsafe cladding - LBC
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Doesn't matter if the office block is under 3 storeys or not - Flat owners told their homes could be unsellable for 10 years over unsafe cladding - LBC
            Poor sods.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I don't know the details but my understanding is that government grants to fix are only available to blocks over a certain height. However mortgage companies are twitchy with any blocks of flats with hooky cladding so people are faced with either selling for a pittance to a cash buyer or forking out a fortune, assuming other homeowners pay their share, to be able to sell.

Comment

due to stamp duty holiday residential properties are selling fast

Comment

Working...
                X