• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FLOPM1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    If I want to pay 2k- 10K I will go to PWC where I will get a qualified accountant with indemnity insurance to advise me on my specific needs.

If I want general information and to share my knowledge and experiences it is where I come to this forum.

If you have nothing to add please put me on ignore - The posts / likes / thanks are indiciative of others interested in my line of thinking.

The rules set out in that thread by cojak and apply to all, young and old. Please respect them
    Could you keep your offtopic rubbish in general...

As all I see is someone I wouldn't employ and someone who if I was given as a PM by a client I would be asking to be replaced immediately otherwise we would be leaving the project.

You are the perfect example of a PM who f**ks up everything they touch while somehow coming out smelling of roses and someone who buys because of the brand without checking the validity of the deal.. Heck you probably outsource work to TCS and boost about the money saved.
    Last edited by eek; 23 September 2020, 09:46.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I will say this for Scooty, his constant calling my attention to the FTSE value has me looking at it more than I ever have before. Previously I'd dump some cash into an ISA and ignore it, but I'm actively buying and selling tracker funds now.

I don't trade in individual stocks, just funds, but I can still buy and sell daily via Vanguard.

Over the past few months I've been selling some FTSE funds when they go over 61xx and buying back in when the FTSE drops below 59xx. This is about as risky and exciting as it gets for me but it has meant I've consolidated quite a few gains, then bought back in at a lower price.

Seeing how the market is yo-yo-ing around the 6000 mark if feels like the whole market is doing something similar. It doesn't feel like anything major is going to happen on the markets (up or down) until we have something firm in the global fight against CV19 so this strategy coudl work for me for a few more months.

Anyway, making 2-300 points on the FTSE every week or so is working out pretty well I think the only risk is if the market keeps climbing above 61xx when I've sold which will happen at some stage but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

This is NOT advice! Just what this inexperienced fund holder is doing with his 6 figure fund holding
      I did the same using TDWaterhouse now called II - I was regularly trading and holding for minutes sometimes days the Blackrock Ftse ETF (Ticker was ISF).

At some point though it will break to the upside or downside - I dont trade anymore using ETFs but I made a fair bit. Also worth being careful you are not picking up a few points and letting losses run

I ve seen traders take 1% gains and leave losses at 10% runining - Thats poor risk adjusted return

My own view is that equities and ftse will take a hammering - Sterling weakness will cushion this a bit which is what is happening today but I dont see equities making new highs

FOr those long term investors had you invested 20 years ago in ftse where would you be - Pretty flat even including dividends

Comment

Is there a thread you haven't polluted with your mindless trolling?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
          The rules set out in that thread by cojak and apply to all, young and old. Please respect them
          FOLPM1
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            My time is too valuable to waste on a charlatan like you.
            Sadly because you allow him to post in the professional forums - other posters do have to waste their time to check and correct all the tulip he says as facts...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Is there a thread you haven't polluted with your mindless trolling?
              Sorry ....
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Sadly because you allow him to post in the professional forums - other posters do have to waste their time to check and correct all the tulip he says as facts...

We weed his posts out sometimes. It can be difficult when they get quoted in replies.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We weed his posts out sometimes. It can be difficult when they get quoted in replies.
                  Thank you admin for allowing and encouraging bullying both in professional and in general forums.

Where are the usual lurkers to jump in and say

"Me too"
                  "WHS'
                  "Agree"
                  "Spot on"

So far very few brave people able to speak up and question why people are picked on if they dont agree with the grain of thought applied by others

Comment

Please note to anyone who has an issue: Moving posts made by trolls is not bullying.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Please note to anyone who has an issue: Moving posts made by trolls is not bullying.
                      No its not ok

And neither is this - Dont let facts get in the way

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      FOLPM1

Comment

Working...
                      X