• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furlough

So another six months of the furlough scheme is on the cards.

The jolliest jolly in the jolly history of jollies.

Imagine that 80% pay (sometimes topped up to 100%) for a whole year. To do nothing!

Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Imagine that 80% pay (sometimes topped up to 100%) for a whole year. To do nothing!

Incredible.

Yeah, great. Free money. Coming from your taxes...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Furlough

So companies do not hire because gov pays the salaries for the current employees.
      If you have a job, free money, if you don’t... tough luck.
      Where was this lesson in capitalism and free markets?

What wonderful times to be alive.

Comment

We are going to pay for this for years to come. Furlough was a good idea for maybe 3 months, the workforce is going to love the idea of sitting at home, get paid thousands, drink beer all day, the productivity is going to take a massive hit. The next 5 years are going to be brutal.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Frau D. is on furlough here and it keeps changing from working only 40% to 60%, she would rather be at work (so would I ) and thinks the company is taking the piss and just grabbing government money however she does work at an airport and there is bugger all going on at them currently
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Incredible.

It's beautifully timed by the government, because any workers who lose their jobs in March 2021 will be absorbed into the Empire 2.0 Brexit boom labour market.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Frau D. is on furlough here and it keeps changing from working only 40% to 60%, she would rather be at work (so would I ) and thinks the company is taking the piss and just grabbing government money however she does work at an airport and there is bugger all going on at them currently
              Sounds like 40-60% gravy.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The most hilarious part of all this is people are expecting rampant inflation with all the money printing whilst we sit around all day doing nothing.

The UK is will known for having a productivity problem. A problem now on steroids. And that's not even considering the 'B' word. Depression^2.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  The most hilarious part of all this is people are expecting rampant inflation with all the money printing whilst we sit around all day doing nothing.
                  This is just your tortured imagination trying to reshape reality. I read that "people" are expecting deflation more than they're expecting inflation. Mind you, IIRC, you refuse to accept that gold is a hedge against deflation as well as against inflation.

Comment

Incredible.

its almost like they have found a money tree , aka taxpayers.

Comment

Working...
                    X